• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And is it just me or are Hauritz's no-ball calls all wrong? By the time he releases the ball, his foot swivels round behind the crease.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Apart from his debut, Doug Bollinger must be finding Test cricket a breeze. Reminds me of how easily Stuart Clark took to Test cricket during his two-three years of domination.

Easily the leader of this bowling attack now. Not bad for a cricketer who averaged over 60 in first class cricket just five years ago.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And is it just me or are Hauritz's no-ball calls all wrong? By the time he releases the ball, his foot swivels round behind the crease.
My understanding is that part of the heel needs to be behind the line on immediately impact of foot on ground, hence still being a no-ball if he 'swivels' back after that.

Craig

World Traveller
The NZ commentators plus Allan Border were tearing him a new one over the no balls being bowled. I'm not saying anything how McIntosh's innings in the fear of jinxing him.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lolwat Asad Rauf? How does one not give that out.

Review system doing it's job here.

That's some pretty decent turn though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My understanding is that part of the heel needs to be behind the line on immediately impact of foot on ground, hence still being a no-ball if he 'swivels' back after that.
The laws don't indicate either way iirc.

_Ed_

Nice 50, Mr McIntosh.

If he could just improve his disastrous running between the wickets and somehow settle into his innings earlier, he'd be an extremely useful opener.

Flem274*

123/5
Timmy Mac giving me real hope here. Once again a supposed FC journeyman seems to be getting better and better with just a little persistence. Martin Crowe is helping the test batsmen too, and judging by his work with Taylor he could really get some of these guys going.

Fully expect McIntosh to be dropped for a sixteen year old with talentz after the series though. :p

_Ed_

Bollinger to McIntosh, FOUR, short and straight and pulled strongly in the air in front of square to the fence

He's...he's even playing the pull shot strongly now? WAG. I'm getting a bit emotional here.