• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well you clearly don't as in one sentence the Guyana pitch was helpful for bowlers, then later on it was flat.
HAAAA. Dumb dumb, where did i mention that the providence pitch was helpul for the bowlers?

I said the Providence pitch vs WI 08 wasn't as flat as what ENG encounted this winter. The only difference was that it managed to deteriorate on the 5th day, unlike the ones we had which remainded concrete for 5 days (eg the the 5th test in Trinidad). Since when in cricket history does any pitch in Guyana ever help bowlers.

You probably should have read the match reports for that test, before trying to stupidly pick holes in my argument.

Did Sehwag bat on it in the interim?
8-)
Haa Very childish, given that you have managed to skip everything i said about Harmison. Just to bring up my opinions on Sehwag. You aint see you are a bona fide clown...

EDIT: Ya might as well answer my question as what use Luke Wright is going to possibly have in the test squad...

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
None. But if i am being criticized for writing Davies off from early a clock, so should most of you for giving him & the ENG selectors such a HUGE benefit of the doubt & not be concerned AT ALL that his selection, shows the sad state of our fast bowling stocks compared to other top 8 sides.

It very similar to when Wright was selected selected in the test squad. Hardly anybody here was up him arms condemning his selection..
The selection of any new player is always a gamble.

However, a guy with 250 odd FC wickets at an average of 22 should always be in with a selection shout in my opinion.

Maybe you'll be right, maybe you'll be wrong.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
21 tbh. Is there a precedent? A bowler taking 250 FC wickets @ 21 in his country without ever playing a test, despite being available to?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
21 tbh. Is there a precedent? A bowler taking 250 FC wickets @ 21 in his country without ever playing a test, despite being available to?
Id like to see who in the recent past (if anyone) had a comparable record before being called up. Off the top of my head I cant think of anyone.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Id like to see who in the recent past (if anyone) had a comparable record before being called up. Off the top of my head I cant think of anyone.
What amazes me is that with the number of injuries he's had, he's essentially played his entire first-class career while on the comeback trail and still come out with such a ridiculous record. Kills the idea that he needs a full season of bowling behind him before he can play for England, for me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Meh, FC record means NOTHING in the VERY POOR county championship, Harmison would be a better choice

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What amazes me is that with the number of injuries he's had, he's essentially played his entire first-class career while on the comeback trail and still come out with such a ridiculous record. Kills the idea that he needs a full season of bowling behind him before he can play for England, for me.
Yeah, but that ain't the thoery behind not picking injury-plagued guys, it's more they'll break down during matches, I'd of thought. Once upon a time it would of been about breaking down on tour, but nowadays it's so easy to get a bloke out who is match-fit.

Fletcher was never gonna pick Davies anyway, I'm not so sure he'll do well, but I'm happy for his performances to be rewarded with a call up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha aussie, gotta hand it to ya, really stuck your neck out. I hope if he does well you'll be here with your tail between your legs?