• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Sidds - finally ramped up the pace and hostility to what we saw in SA

Should really be a massive victory here although I expect the Eng bowlers to be a bit of a handful

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a surprise.

The best England can get out of this is to finally belatedly realise that Bell is a total waste of space. You're better of picking someone relatively crap with a strong mind than the other way around. Same goes for Bopara who happens to have a crap technique and a weak mind.

With any luck Harmison will show up Broad for the nothing bowler he is and we'll have a small glimmer of winning at The Oval
Always thought you were a fan of Bopara's tbh

Burgey

And Onions show why the white forearm guard is the worst invention in cricket history. You get hit low down on it and it blends with the white of your glove. I bought one but texta-ed it black so the umps wouldn't get confused if I got hit there.

An ounce of preparation and all that. .

WB Sid, Clark, Hilf and Mitch. No one let us down there. Sid genuinely hostile today, seemed to really let himself go - bowled how we all know he can.

Our blokes can afford to be very patient here now.

tooextracool

International Coach
I think Australia would be tested only by the Durham duo and then it should be clean sailing. Don't expect Anderson or Broad to be a handful, but you never know. Really depends on how this pitch plays.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Means nothing but that really is a poor decision.
Yeah, thought it was pretty obviously not out in real time.

Really expected England to kick on to 150+ after lunch, kudos to the Siddle for finishing it off so well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Matt Prior once again shows his class.

Seriously this bloke is a fantastic bat. Pietersen is obviously better, Strauss probably is too, but I wouldn't pick any other batsman ahead of him.

Jarquis

Means nothing but that really is a poor decision.
I think it's been mentioned quitoe often on here before about how umpires are more likely to make incorrect decision regarding tail enders as they quite often feel as though it's the end of the innings. Cricinfo picked up on this :
. A horrid bouncer hammers into his forearm and flies to short-leg where Katich takes a good catch. Nowhere near his glove but, well, near enough given he's a tailender

Burgey

Kudos to Stu Clark here.

We all pretty much thought he'd do his thang, but he still hadn't done much bowling of late, and truth be told he didn't do his normal thing, namely seam. Rather he swung it more than I've ever seen him do before, and he still controlled it beautifully, despite it not being his normal MO.

WAG.

Zinzan

Avatar challenge for anyone who wants to take Australia first innings score to below 270? If so, offer on the table for 10 mins :cool:

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Matt Prior once again shows his class.

Seriously this bloke is a fantastic bat. Pietersen is obviously better, Strauss probably is too, but I wouldn't pick any other batsman ahead of him.
Didn't 16 of his runs come in edges to third man? Hardly indicative of a class player, has gaping holes in his technique, his stats are very deceptive, has scored an awful lot of soft runs agains the windies (his second hundred was almost entirely scored against part time bowlers), averages in the low 20's against India, averaging 40 this series but a high score of just 61 in 3 tests on pretty flat surfaces....

tooextracool

International Coach
One of the most famous and worthwhile sayings at Headingly is the "if you are going to slash, slash hard" and its worth mentioning here because almost all of the England batsmen were out poking at deliveries or playing frail shots instead of going hard at the balls. If you just fend at deliveries, odds are if the pitch is doing something that it wont be too long before the ball goes to the slips.

Son Of Coco

Beautiful beautiful beautiful stuff! Thought the tail might be a pain the arse. Good to see Siddle just go at the head and get rid of them quickly. Great bowling by our guys this morning. Just saw North's catch, what a cracker!

grecian

Wheres Harmi's first ball going? leg-side wide for me.

Oh great start, they'll be past us before tea.:laugh: