• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England to make North look better than Hauritz, then effectively give Australia a 5 man bowling attack for the rest of the series.

ripper868

International Coach
You'll be disappointed when you get up in the morning and Australia made inroads. Not so much when it's 570/2.
Will be happy to wake up and find the Huss has taken an unlikely Hat-Trick of Strauss, Bopara, Pietersen. Will be surprised though to see Pontings Hat-Trick of Collingwood,Cook,Flintoff/Prior

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
No, I'm just a prospective law undergraduate, and have in fact spoken regularly with someone in his first year of study at the 6th-best university in this country. Ergo, I'm far more qualified to comment on these matters than a fully-qualified soliciter like you.

Why? Why, naturally - I'm resident of this great country, while you are Australian. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
As a first year Law student at the fourth best university in the country, I urge you to stfu!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Reckon it's harder to bowl a hoop down a hill then it is to bowl a cricket ball down a pitch. :dry:

I think the Aussie performance is making the pitch look so flat, but we are so poor so far todya.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, I'm just a prospective law undergraduate, and have in fact spoken regularly with someone in his first year of study at the 6th-best university in this country. Ergo, I'm far more qualified to comment on these matters than a fully-qualified soliciter like you.

Why? Why, naturally - I'm resident of this great country, while you are Australian. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Given England's early attempts at enforcing law involved them staying in England while they sent the bad guys to Australia to go to the beach and become attractive I'd say a precedent such as that suggests you guys are highly incompetent when it comes to matters regarding law. .

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
No-one thinks he can. However, brute strength isn't a requisite to gain all that much speed over 18 yards or so. The extra weight of bat (which after all is the only thing that extra strength gains you) won't make any real difference.

Over 150 yards it might just make a small difference, but even so, Bell's hardest-hit shot won't go that much less far than Symonds' hardest-hit.
You'd be surprised. The difference in strength could be the difference between catching the ball, completely avoiding or having no chance of getting out of the way. If you say there is no or little difference then by that logic there is no difference to facing a bowler bowling 130kph opposed to 150kph.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Hmm...this display has been really embarrassing.

When the hell is this attack going to get some consistency? Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're absolutely ****ing dire.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As a first year Law student at the fourth best university in the country, I urge you to stfu!
Have you learned to spot my jest yet? Thought not.

How on Earth can ol' Bumble describe this as "thrilling"? :blink: This session-and-a-half is the definition of monotonous. And there's the first wicket.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Johnson has got him! Thank god!

Hopefully this is the start of a collapse. Can't afford to let them get the physiological edge by posting a massive score like we did in the first game, we need the restrict them to under 450 odd.

Last edited: