• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Liberal voter, aren't you son?

That would explain such treason. You realise treason is still a capial offence don't you? Along with Piracy on the Seas and using the word "access" as a verb.

Supporting England is in that company. Don't do it. If England played Nazi Germany at cricket (they'd lose) then you might consider it.

Get therapy. If that doesn't work, hope to God I don't see you at Baulko shops any time soon...
Go back to Cronulla, you patriotic flag-waving Tory!

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
First 2 balls from Mitch were terrible. The 2 after have been good. Pitch it up mate and you'll get wickets.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only piratism on the high seas is a capital offence. And what's more, that's defined by British ideals. Thus admitting this is kowtowing to British superiority.
How would you know mate? Been looking up the Aussie statute books have you?
I will concede piracy is defined by the British , but not by their idealsm. The British don't have ideals. However, most of your so-called maritime heroes were in fact nothing more than pirates themselves.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shades of the 2nd Test 2005 here (couldn't help myself :laugh:). Unfortunately a bowler down mid-match this time. Fortunately not one of the calibre of McGrath. England possibly on the way to 400+ in a day too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Only St Ricky, by my reckoning?
Seem to remember his most recent delivery was one of those fingerspinners that he developed back in t'day. I think his only spell of seam of late was that one in 2005 where he dismissed Vaughan and stole his unworthy way to one of the best averages of the 2005 summer.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shut up Holding, we had about 10 overs from Hily of good length balls and he didn't look like getting a wicket except for that one edge which was too hard for Haddin... Keep it up Mitch! Bowl full with the odd good length ball.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sheesh this is some bad bowling from the Aussies today, really really poor. Feeding both Cook and Strauss to their strengths. Hopefully England dont throw it away and get somewhere around 600.

91Jmay

International Coach
Sheesh this is some bad bowling from the Aussies today, really really poor. Feeding both Cook and Strauss to their strengths. Hopefully England dont throw it away and get somewhere around 600.
Cook has strengths? But surely a non test standard batsmen doesn't have any?

Jakester1288

International Regular
England are completely dominating proceedings here. I can see Bopara cashing in on a good start, and a draw coming. Will make the last 3 games interesting if it happens.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How would you know mate? Been looking up the Aussie statute books have you?
No, I'm just a prospective law undergraduate, and have in fact spoken regularly with someone in his first year of study at the 6th-best university in this country. Ergo, I'm far more qualified to comment on these matters than a fully-qualified soliciter like you.

Why? Why, naturally - I'm resident of this great country, while you are Australian. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Andre

International Regular
Hussey's meds are almost part-time bowler standard IMO.

Anyway, while I agree that five bowlers on some surfaces would have a lot of merit for Australia (particularly if Watto was fit), I don't agree at with the notion of picking a team with a certain balance just in case someone got injured in the middle of the game.
Hussey couldn't bowl a hoop down a hill. Would love to hear Boycott comentating if he got a bowl!

Not for a minute suggesting that we pick 5 bowlers incase one gets injured (pthat thought never even entered my mind, to be honest). I've long been harping on about selecting 5 bowlers to address the balance issues of the attack and provide Ponting with options - with all bowlers in the development stage of their careers the variety of having 5 bowlers to suit various situations is a must. We've just had the luxury of growing up in the Warne/McGrath/Gillespie era where nothing else was really needed.