• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
See, you're actually not arguing the point. There's a series going on right now between Pak and SL, no-one's saying that the previous series wasn't batsman friendly. And how does the last series affect the assertion that the most recent match was a really good contest?
Yeah, I realised that, but I found the fact that someone was mocking this game for not being as good as a typical Sri Lanka vs Pakistan as ridiculous.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, I realised that, but I found the fact that someone was mocking this game for not being as good as a typical Sri Lanka vs Pakistan as ridiculous.
Where was someone comparing it to a "typical" Pak vs SL game? Stop constructing arguments that no-one ever makes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What's your point?
The importance of a good and fair/balanced cricket pitch.

Doesn't matter how much hype you give a series, and the history, if the pitch drags down the quality and excitement of the cricket.
I never said that a typical test between SL vs. Pak > Aus vs. Eng, and no one with any sense would read that from my post.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Eh, read over the few pages of people comparing this game to Sri Lanka vs Pakistan games, yeah?
They weren't tho. Jono suggested the last test between them was better than this one, which it may well be (haven't watched a ball, tbh); you then constructed a pretty classic strawman by extending the scope of the original point beyond what Jono intended to include the previous series.

What you say about that being batsman friendly may be true, but it doesn't invalidate Jono's initial contention one iota.

Alles klar?

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
I hear that thread is a lot better than this one, just with 1/100th of the attention/coverage :happy:
The non-cricket related stuff that goes on in here is what keeps it so much more entertaining than the other...

Could be a pretty apt analogy for the two series' tbh...

Edit: Good point by Jono re the quality of pitches too...

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Broad takes second over. Fred pointedly turns his own arm over.

& a 4 down to fine leg off his first ball. Plus ca change.