• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Come in, sit down, rant about your favourite players

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I expect to see several well-written pieces on the Iain O'Briens and Phil Hugheses of the world by the time I get up tomorrow. Maybe I'll later get round to explaining the Warney/Mishy love.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jeetan Patel has the most infectiously good attitude in all of world cricket. What a guy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sehwag's simple philsophy on cricket (and more than likely, life) is something to admire IMO.

bagapath

International Captain
confession time: i grew up as a fan of ravi shastri's. my classmates, relatives, neighbours , team mates - practically everyone - gave me hell for this weird choice. and everytime shastri stepped out to a spinner and tamely defended the ball to short cover, they would accuse me of slowing down the run rate. but i still have not give up on him.

- indian christopher martin jenkins

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I am a Brad Hogg cult fan. Followed his career from his initial premature Australian selection. Remember thinking "who is this left handed version of Shane Warne?". Grabbed his autograph some months later at a shield game, collected some cricket cards of him...dedicated fan.

Always admired his quirky enjoyment for the game, his versatility and the fact he wasn't the most skillful cricketer to play international cricket. Everyone needs an underdog hero to support, Brad Hogg was mine. One of the more under-rated one day cricketers of the decade.

Evermind

International Debutant
Always liked Gilchrist and Hussey - two of my favourite cricketers. Really enjoyed watching S Waugh on the field, whatever he was doing. Couldn't quite stand his brother - bit of a prick.

I enjoy watching Duminy bat, too - it's really exciting all these new players coming up for SA.

Sadly, I don't like Hughes, North, Siddle, McDonald - the whole lot, and Aus will remain my least favourite team in the forseeable future. I don't like Raina, Uthappa, Balaji, Jadeja, Ishant etc either, so India will remain my second least favourite team.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I am a Brad Hogg cult fan. Followed his career from his initial premature Australian selection. Remember thinking "who is this left handed version of Shane Warne?". Grabbed his autograph some months later at a shield game, collected some cricket cards of him...dedicated fan.

Always admired his quirky enjoyment for the game, his versatility and the fact he wasn't the most skillful cricketer to play international cricket. Everyone needs an underdog hero to support, Brad Hogg was mine. One of the more under-rated one day cricketers of the decade.
I'll throw 'em.

King Pietersen

International Captain
For me, has to be Kevin Pietersen. That was obvious wasn't it? I love everything about him, his arrogance, his extrovert technique, the attacking intent, the innovative shots, the skunk hair cut, the ***y girlfriend. I admire him as a man as well. I own and have read his autobiography more than once and it's just a fantastic read. Considering he wrote the book in 2005 after The Ashes which was very early in his career, I'm surprised it's as good as it is. It just describes his life, from playing cricket at church with his brothers and some lads from another family, to being dropped for Natal with a guy coming in to fit the quota system, to his disputes with the prat Jason Gallian at Notts and then his description of the glorious Ashes series. I admire him immensely, he's one of the most exciting and most talented batsmen of the modern era, and will surely end his career as England's greatest player and possibly one of the all-time greats.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rant? I can rant about my worst players but I don't know how you rant about someone you like..

Well rant, Mitchell Johnson for me is one of the worst bowlers ever to make his mark in cricket, wish the guy would back his success up with decent bowling,, but no, full and wide, slash, oh out.. Again.. Can't stand his ******** action and the fact that he is so succesful.. Good batsman though, I'll give him that. I guess it's testament to the poor temprament of many batsmen these days as they can't resist having a prod.. If Bracken had been playing instead, he'd have bowled better and got panned all over the place no doubt

Rave, well Jacques Kallis, even when he is going through a lean patch he just looks assured, a physical unit, emotionless, staunch, he is the cricketing Schwarzenegger.. When you are 36/3, I still want JHK coming to the crease, no matter what his form says