• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Come in, sit down, rant about your favourite players

haroon510

International 12th Man
a little love for afridi here.. but most people don't like him here.. so i will be the only one here...

jeevan

International 12th Man
Rant about Irfan Pathan, out of what could have been.

And let me use this thread to state my long held belief that his bowling declined after *that* test in Karachi, where he bagged his first over hat-trick. Yet India squandered the advantage of having had Pakistan at 36-6and went on to lose the test.

Seems to me that Irfan's never reached his potential from there on. He's still only 24, but that summer people were saying he's only 21.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Wasim Akram, Sucker could have been such a wonderful allrounder, If he took his batting seriously.

irfan

State Captain
Subramaniam Badrinath, Would be blunting attacks and plundering runs all over the world.

Shame the Indian selectors haven't realised this :dry:

Flem274*

123/5
Iain O'Brien, going to average 25 in tests, just you wait!

Grant Elliott, score some ****ing runs in a test already.

Peter Ingram: If Sehwag and Trescothick can get away with concrete boots, so can you, 100000000000000000000000000000000 runs for NZ please.:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The way MS Dhoni hits the ball defies belief.

His 'short arm jab' shots (for lack of a better term), and those top-spinning/whipping shots, are ridiculously awesome.

masterblaster

International Captain
Subramaniam Badrinath, Would be blunting attacks and plundering runs all over the world.

Shame the Indian selectors haven't realised this :dry:
With Kris Srikkanth is the chairman of selectors, I seriously thought Badrinath would get more of a shot in the Indian side. Even after a good debut performance by him in Sri Lanka it hasn't happened at all and he's been forgotten about already.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love watching Virender Sehwag bat, especially in tests. He'll slog across the line and nail a length ball for six, then play a textbook front-foot straight drive the very next ball. I don't think there's a shot in cricket I haven't seen him play, orthodox or otherwise. I've never seen a more entertaining batsman.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Not much of a rant but AB de Villiers is awesome. The innings he played in the 07 WC (the one where he batted on one leg) against WI will always be one which I remember watching.

Also, watching Sachin bat last night made me remember how much I love watching him play as well.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
The Bravo brothers...

Dwayne brings so much exuberence, life and heart to the Windies team which sometimes is lacking.... posesses no great power but can score sixes for fun with brilliant timing and some whots that you just don't see (like the one in the ODI against SL where he smacked a back-foot six on the off-side) class talent and will mature very soon

Darren Bravo - touted as a better batsmen than his brother which is definitely saying something. Has shots all over the wicket and like his brother looks brilliant when batting... alot of people compare him to Lara, and hope this comparison wont bog him down as he, Barath and a host of other players are the future of West Indian cricket

Other mentions are:

Kallis
Cook
Gayle
Johnson
Steyn

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting to say the least.

BTW, a z (or any lower-case letter) goes a long way in an ALL-CAPS post. Else you see the result above. :)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting to say the least.
Napes is a legend, love the way he has conducted himself at Essex since he's become a cult hero. I really hope he keeps improving himself and gets a few England caps at some point.

Devon Malcolm probably shows my age. He was just so exciting when I was a kid. I remember his 9-57 very vividly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So do I - though his finest hour (the 10-for at the ground we're currently watching a Test at against an even higher repute team than SA in '94) was a little before I started watching.

1994 wasn't that long ago!

Anyway, Malcolm frustrated me far more than excited TBH. He just wasn't very good, but on the very rare occasion he was good he was just so good that people got so excited that he stayed in the team for ages and damaged England's prospects in so many matches.