• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, Duminy's was the best (all-time great?), followed by Ponting's and a couple from de Villiers IMO.
Matter of opinion, I guess. All of those are undeniably great catches, but I'd take the Voges one over them all.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good effort but isnt that normal?. Seen that plenty of times where the guy catches it on the boundary, throws it up and runs back in and catches it again.

LMAO at the new commentator Brayshaw. Guy could hardly stop yelling about it and said "he'd never seen that in his life". Has this guy seen any cricket before?. or is he just ...... one of those.
i mean good catch and all, but the commentator just cracked me up.

What's happened to Aussies eh???? You guys have gone all American on us. or is it just your commentators. Just cut it out. Boon and Hughes should be in the commentary team. real Aussies.
:laugh:

Easy mate, we'll start the war on terror in NZ if you're not careful. :happy:

Son Of Coco

Yeah, they were obviously talking unmitigated drivel as usual, however it does raise the question for the future and if SA weren't allowed it then...

They also mentioned to Bracken about the impending rain, probably wouldn't be much help then but if they were talking to a batsman, he could alter his batting and perhaps play more conservatively knowing wickets are vital for D/L.
I think there's a big difference between something that wasn't allowed and something that is allowed as part of a TV linkup. I'd say if they did start handing out advice left right and centre they'd be told to stop or the whole thing would be pulled. And players would be well aware of things like rain etc anyway through messages relayed from the 12th man.

Son Of Coco

So a pretty dissapointing end to this series. NZ was and is better than Aus and should have won the ODI's and last night was a bummer.

1. Cameron White while batting gets advice from Healy about how to deal to the bowler (can't remember who it was) bowling full deliveries by spearing it into his feet by opening up his stance and hitting through midwicket. Next ball White gets a low full toss into his feet and he opens up his stance and cracks it over midwicket for six.
:laugh:

Gee, he catches on quickly.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I didn't mind the advice, it was pretty obvious stuff, and it was only Healy.

The thing that pissed me off was the way Healy was acting when giving the advice. He was like a little kid, and he still hasn't separated himself from the Australian team. It was like "hehe, lets work together to win this game for Australia, c'mon we have to get Australia over the line" sorta thing.

So yeah, don't really care about the players getting this 'advice', its more the commentators being ****s.

pasag

RTDAS
You could see how much Haddin wanted to win, so as soon as Hussey started bowling well, there was no chance Henriques would get a go.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matter of opinion, I guess. All of those are undeniably great catches, but I'd take the Voges one over them all.
Voges certainly one of the great "presence of mind" catches. Super stuff. Overall though, I'd take Duminy's as the best catch of the lot. Shades of S Waugh behind the sightscreen.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Wow you have got to be kidding re: Merv Hughes. I am assuming you haven't heard his commentary but he's commentated a few domestic games this year and he's quite easily the worst commentator I've ever heard. He was so bad I watched the domestic 20/20 final on mute.

EDIT: See this for an example.
never heard them interviewed let alone commentate. just using them as an example to counteract the new guys on channel 9. Slater and this guy Brayshaw seem to hype everything up so much its annoying.

Boon and Hughes were just two guys I thought of that typified the rugged Aussie bloke rather than someone who yelled like we couldn't hear him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thought Haddin was an ACT boy? :p

:laugh: FFS.

My point still stands, Moises has a long way to go.

Cricketers who represent NSW who have played for Australia in the past 12 months
S Katich, M Clarke, D Warner, P Jaques, M Henriques, B Casson, B Haddin, N Hauritz, B Lee, S Clark, N Hauritz, N Bracken, D Bollinger, S MacGill and P Hughes to play soon.

I'm not having a go at NSW, I just find it incredible that one state can have 15 different players represent their country, gotta feel a bit sorry for someone like Dom Thornley who is better then a couple from the list above.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach

Cricketers who represent NSW who have played for Australia in the past 12 months
S Katich, M Clarke, D Warner, P Jaques, M Henriques, B Casson, B Haddin, N Hauritz, B Lee, S Clark, N Hauritz, N Bracken, D Bollinger, S MacGill and P Hughes to play soon.

I'm not having a go at NSW, I just find it incredible that one state can have 15 different players represent their country, gotta feel a bit sorry for someone like Dom Thornley who is better then a couple from the list above.
Sorry, it's 14. Hauritz doesn't count twice.
Brendon McCullum has represented NZ in that time though..... :cool:

pup11

International Coach

Yeah mate, Moises has a long way to go and i don't think anybody would argue that, but still if they were gonna bat him at no.8 and not give him any overs to bowl, then what was the point of picking him, they would have been much better off making him sit on the bench and pick Quiney instead.

Quiney could have either opened the batting with Warner or could have batted in the middle-order.

Matt79

Global Moderator
never heard them interviewed let alone commentate. just using them as an example to counteract the new guys on channel 9. Slater and this guy Brayshaw seem to hype everything up so much its annoying.

Boon and Hughes were just two guys I thought of that typified the rugged Aussie bloke rather than someone who yelled like we couldn't hear him.
tbf, they were commentating on a 20/20 match - hype is the order of the day.