• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** CW Betting Game

99*

International Debutant
So what site are we going to to our odds from? Or can each person find there own odds and post them up along with the bet?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So what site are we going to to our odds from? Or can each person find there own odds and post them up along with the bet?
Stick to Bet365 i think, because it has the widest range of bets and it means i can post some of the odds here and so people can play without having to look for odds all the time (which isn't easy if you're avoiding filters at work or the like). Generally i'll post the odds on the three results for all international one-day, T20 and test matches, but if you want to look for more specific bets (e.g. Chanderpaul to top-score for West Indies) you can.

If anyone knows a site with more cricket bets though i'll use that.

biased indian

International Coach
Stick to Bet365 i think, because it has the widest range of bets and it means i can post some of the odds here and so people can play without having to look for odds all the time (which isn't easy if you're avoiding filters at work or the like). Generally i'll post the odds on the three results for all international one-day, T20 and test matches, but if you want to look for more specific bets (e.g. Chanderpaul to top-score for West Indies) you can.

If anyone knows a site with more cricket bets though i'll use that.
exactly....would like some one to post the odds

or can we put a bet on something and if we win we get the extra money

Steulen

International Regular
In.
Decimal.
Someone else post a lot of odds, I'll pick and choose mine. Probably CBF to look for odds myself.

Uppercut

In.
Decimal.
Someone else post a lot of odds, I'll pick and choose mine. Probably CBF to look for odds myself.
Yeah, we're just using one website so they'll all be on bet365.com--->Sports---> cricket. But i'll post match odds and the like anyway.

Uppercut

Yeah - I just think all of us should be using the same method to avoid confusion.

BTW - Is it just International matches, or can you bet domestically?
As for this, i'm happy with any bet found on bet365. I don't think it extends to NZ or Indian FC cricket but there's a fair amount to bet on.

So far we have:

Woodster
Simon
Flem274*
NUFAN
Samuel Vimes
G.I. Joe
Athlai
morgieb
Silentstriker
99*
Somerset
Voltman
biased indian
Precambrian
HeathDavisSpeed
zinzan12
Steulen

If anyone else wants to join, feel free- people can join mid-round without any advantage so i don't see a problem with that either. You don't have to bet the $200 each week, if you don't see any value you can save it until you do. I'll start keeping track of bets from Wednesday, 1200GMT onwards, so the first round starts then.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Uppercut one question..

Just say I go on to the site and put money on Kallis to be leading run scorer and he's at $8 at the moment and than tomorrow someone else decides to take up the offer and he's at $7.

How is this going to work, honesty system in place?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm putting $60 on Ricky Ponting to score more runs that Graeme Smith in the first Test.

RT Ponting 1.72
GC Smith 2.00

$60 x $1.72 = $103.20

Simon

$100 on South Africa having a higher 1st innings opening partnership @ $2.00 = $200

$50 on Multi of
Hayden to outscore Ponting in 1st innings & Smith to outscore Kallis 1st innings @ $3.27 = $163.50

$50 on 1st test result being a draw @ $3.75 = $187.50

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You know Uppercut, if you do a decent job of this and think it will be a big thing, it might be worth asking for a subforum for it. You'd have to be committed to keeping on top of things etc, but we had a similar one in the past with the predictions league.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's how much you win in total for every quid, includes getting your stake back.

So IIRC 10-1 is 11.00