• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** CW Betting Game

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That depends where you live, I prefer using decimals but I'm pretty sure in America and UK they use fractions.
Yeah - I just think all of us should be using the same method to avoid confusion.

BTW - Is it just International matches, or can you bet domestically?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
That sounds good, yeah. What i'd like to do, though, is calculate a score for each person- say, $150 profit or $250 down, so they can see how much money they've made/lost. I'll probably end up using the method that makes figuring that out simplest.
Pffft pansy. Insist on a live odds ticker at the bottom of the thread and real time account updating :ph34r:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That sounds good, yeah. What i'd like to do, though, is calculate a score for each person- say, $150 profit or $250 down, so they can see how much money they've made/lost. I'll probably end up using the method that makes figuring that out simplest.
Well lets say we run it in 4 week blocks instead of a month. Each person gets $200 each week and their winnings continue to grow (not reset after a week) until the end of that 4 weeks. At that time we could then say everyone has to "pay back" the $800 for that period so they are left with either a profit or not.

Simon

To understand fractional: add 1 to the fraction, then read it as a decimal.

(or you could go here)
Or we could just use decimals which is a lot easier imo. There's got to be some reasons Australian's use it, theres no way we'd ever make anything harder for ourselves than it needs to be.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha Simon you just disagreed with me and then chose to agree with me when someone suggested what you said earlier.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Or we could just use decimals which is a lot easier imo. There's got to be some reasons Australian's use it, theres no way we'd ever make anything harder for ourselves than it needs to be.
True I suppose. Use decimals here too actually :ph34r:

But as said, there are plenty of calculators out there, so I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to use both.

Uppercut

Personally i find fractional far easier to read. If you bet the money on the right, you win the money on the left, and get your stake back. I'm fine with both though, so just post your bet and quote the odds in whatever style you like and i'll work with it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
In. And decimals for the win. It's what the NZ TAB uses, and that's the finest betting establishment around...

Uppercut

Why restrict it to cricket options? Anyway, I'll have a go.
Only because it's cricket chat, and i got the idea from Dicko suggesting CW posters are better at predicting cricket matches than the general public and made me wonder if that's true :p. You can run a more open option in General Sports or Off Topic if you like.

Looks like a fair amount of interest, it would be good to get this up and running before the Aussie series starts. People can join at any point, it just gives them less time to bet. I think i'll have a $200 increase on balances every Wednesday, because most tests will start the next day. In play betting is only allowed in between sessions, and every four weeks i'll take the $800 off and see who's made a profit. Sound good?