• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
If ANYONE picks Johnson for their Series XI, they clearly did not watch the matches. He generally bowled poorly and picked up wickets off bad deliveries. Watson bowled so much better than him it's not funny.
Watto was a gun with the ball. Could elabourate, but shall leave it at that.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
BTW, who is that in your avatar? Katrina Kaif and ??
Chairman and Commissioner of Indian Premier League, Chairman of Champions League, President and Managing director Modi Enterprises, President of the Rajasthan Cricket Association, Vice President of BCCI, Vice President of Punjab Cricket Association, Executive Director of Godfrey Philips India and Director of Various Modi Group Companies and the Occasional Drug Possession, Kidnapping and Assault Convictee - Lalit Modi

The other person is the Two time Indian Movie award winning, Degree in Criminal Psychology holding, Ex-waterfall bathing & Lyril Soap advertising, Occasional BBC News column writing, Regular Stage performing, Indian Mafia opposing, Godfrey Phillips National Bravery Award winning, Ex-Indian Actress and To-be Mother-in-law fighting somewhat longtime girlfriend of Ness Wadia. Co-owner of the Indian Premier League Cricket team Kings XI Punjab - Preity Zinta

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I don't blame Lalit Modi. I'd check it out too. Oh, to be a Kings XI player running towards the pavillion after hitting the winning runs...

pasag

RTDAS
Chairman and Commissioner of Indian Premier League, Chairman of Champions League, President and Managing director Modi Enterprises, President of the Rajasthan Cricket Association, Vice President of BCCI, Vice President of Punjab Cricket Association, Executive Director of Godfrey Philips India and Director of Various Modi Group Companies and the Occasional Drug Possession, Kidnapping and Assault Convictee - Lalit Modi
:laugh:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't blame Lalit Modi. I'd check it out too. Oh, to be a Kings XI player running towards the pavillion after hitting the winning runs...
I wouldn't expect Pankaj Dharmani, Wilkin Mota, Ajitesh Argal or those other two to be too positive even about this co-owner of the team...

Likewise, SRK will also be five fans lighter...although one is showing clearly what his team missed by scoring triple hundreds in quick succession.

Precambrian

Banned
David Hopps replies to Matt Hayden's comments that India is a third world country

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/nov/14/englandinindia200809-englandcricketseries

November 14: Matthew Hayden has wasted no time on his return to Australia in dismissing India as a ''third world country'' - a slight that has not gone unnoticed here. There is no official definition of what exactly constitutes a third-world country but as yet no official study has yet to suggest, unlike Hayden, that it is defined by the number of people moving around behind the sightscreen.
You have to hand it to Matty Hayden, he certainly has an old-fashioned way of looking at things. He lives under the impression that the minute he gets back to Queensland the world stops listening, he can reel off a few redneck opinions and go fishing. But these days the world is so small that no sanctuary remains. Not even Brisbane. (If even one Australian rails about this last line then it will just help to prove my point).
India, of course, is not ''a third-world country''. India, as we have all been taught, is a ''land of contradictions.'' It is a land that can pay Hayden US$375,000 to play for Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League then irritate him when it takes half-an-hour to move a sightscreen

pup11

International Coach
"I can get Ponting out any time. I think I can get him even after I come post a six-month lay-off ... [he] had a lot to say about our players and about the way we play our cricket. In fact, it is Ponting who first needs to go and learn to bat against spin bowling."
Harbhajan Singh, or the "sneering Sikh" as he was characterised in the Australian press, continues his post-series gloating

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
David Hopps replies to Matt Hayden's comments that India is a third world country

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/nov/14/englandinindia200809-englandcricketseries
Hah, I haven't cared what Hayden has said for a bunch of months now - since the Indian tour of Australia, he's a moron anyway. In India (as Langeveldt said about SA), you can drive through streets lined with BMWs or towns with millions of people not having running water or basic sanitation. Up to you how you characterize it. It doesn't matter, let him call it whatever he wants, for whatever reason he wants to.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
"I can get Ponting out any time. I think I can get him even after I come post a six-month lay-off ... [he] had a lot to say about our players and about the way we play our cricket. In fact, it is Ponting who first needs to go and learn to bat against spin bowling."
Harbhajan Singh, or the "sneering Sikh" as he was characterised in the Australian press, continues his post-series gloating
Well, we know Harby's a complete tosser. Ignore him too. I hope the BCCI shut him up for good. If not, he'll find a way to get himself banned anyway. He'll slap the wrong guy or something.

Precambrian

Banned
Hah, I haven't cared what Hayden has said for a bunch of months now - since the Indian tour of Australia, he's a moron anyway. In India (as Langeveldt said about SA), you can drive through streets lined with BMWs or towns with millions of people not having running water or basic sanitation. Up to you how you characterize it. It doesn't matter, let him call it whatever he wants, for whatever reason he wants to.
I thought it was the job of an economist, not a cricketer. And if Hayden feels so, he has no qualms of coming here every April for the IPL and to beg his payment.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I thought it was the job of an economist, not a cricketer.
So who cares what he said? Let him. Just ignore it. If he is right, then fine. If he is not, then fine. It really doesn't require making a fuss over anyway. He can think what he wants.

And if Hayden feels so, he has no qualms of coming here every April for the IPL and to beg his payment
Look, IPL is a business. Most people, regardless of their opinion of a country, would not turn down that much cash. You don't have to like a country to do business there. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Basically, I don't really pay attention to what comes out of Hayden's mouth anyway. Do you listen to what Harbhajan says? I doubt it. If it was someone whose opinion I respected, then it'd be worth it to discuss.