• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Books

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I have someone that has found a book signed by Bradman.

What is a reasonable price for a Bradman signed book?

EDIT- Same with Cardus

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It very much depends what book it is but Bradman's signature will add a hefty premium to the value of whatever the book is - Cardus likewise

archie mac

International Coach
I have someone that has found a book signed by Bradman.

What is a reasonable price for a Bradman signed book?

EDIT- Same with Cardus
The sig of the Don from the 30s is the one that is worth the most, but depending on the condition of the book and the title, think around the US 150

There is a fellow with the Bradman foundation that can tell if it is a fake or not, and can also tell the period of the sig.

Cardus sig. also depends on the book, one of his first edition from the 20s is worth much more then one from the 70s, but I would think US 100 for a good one. Some of the Cardus ones are ltd editions so can worth a lot more:)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Bit of a grain of sand in the desert, but I thought it would be worth mentioning that I'm reading Pakistani Masters as we speak. I had previously thought it was a bit of a waste of money as there couldn't be much in there that I didn't already know, but I was pleasantly surprised. Bill Ricquier does a decent job of profiling a lot of the players, and even though some of the profiles are only three pages long, you leave the chapter knowing a lot about their careers.

It is my first cricket book, so am glad I started off with something like this. :)

Jakester1288

International Regular
Whilst this is not a book, who reads Inside Cricket? This season will be my second subscription, and will look to subscribe again for 2009/10 as well.

If not, do you read any other Cricket Magazines, on a regular basis?

archie mac

International Coach
Whilst this is not a book, who reads Inside Cricket? This season will be my second subscription, and will look to subscribe again for 2009/10 as well.

If not, do you read any other Cricket Magazines, on a regular basis?
I have read it a few times, not enough old stuff for me tbh

I quite like some of the English ones, but they charge you too much for them here in Australia

I have the bound volume of Cricket: a weekly record of the game coming this week (very excited!!!) it is for the year 1896:)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leading UK cricket book dealer Christopher Saunders is travelling to Australia in a couple of weeks with a selection of his stock and has a stand at the Melbourne Bookfair in Malvern Town Hall, open Friday 24th October 6-9.30 and Sat and Sunday 12-5.

Chris is a really helpful guy and I believe the Aussie $ is pretty strong at the moment?

If you want to know more if you google his name and the words "cricket books" that should lead you to his website.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I have not read that one mate, I do have his bio of Frank.W

Which is supposed to be a good read:)
Have seen Imran's autobio floating around as well. Am thinking I should get that over the Ivo Tennant one but not sure as the former was released in 1983 so misses out on the best part of his career.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

archie mac

International Coach
Have seen Imran's autobio floating around as well. Am thinking I should get that over the Ivo Tennant one but not sure as the former was released in 1983 so misses out on the best part of his career.

I spoke to a mate who read the Imran one, and did not enjoy it, 'boring as hell, and not enough cricket' was his comment, but I have not read it:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

Imran has two autobiographies. the first - IMRAN The Autobigraphy of Imran is much better.

That is what made me buy the second one since it was written at the end of his career - IMRAN KHAN - All Round View - and I guess thats the one your friend is talking about. I agree with him.

archie mac

International Coach
Imran has two autobiographies. the first - IMRAN The Autobigraphy of Imran is much better.

That is what made me buy the second one since it was written at the end of his career - IMRAN KHAN - All Round View - and I guess thats the one your friend is talking about. I agree with him.
Yes, that is the one:)