• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's better, Lillee or Hadlee?

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't find it insulting - I've believed for a fair while now that you don't have an open enough mind to accept some things you need to be able to accept to be a true fan of the game of cricket. The fact that you suggest I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, a suggestion made (and not later retracted) by no more than 4 or 5 others in CW history, is proof enough of this. Your manner, which is poor and which many people have called you out on, is merely an aside to this. I am only insulted by the V&A of those I take seriously. I did used to take you so, but not for a little while now. It's merely annoying to have to respond constantly to your posts, stopping you from giving others a false impression of me.

BTW, pretty laughable to accuse Dasa of brown-nosing anyone, least of all me. Can't think of so much as a single person who's ever done that to me on here.
I used to take you seriously too. But there is a giant weight of examples to show that senseful discussion and even politeness have no effect on you. You are bull-headed in your diatribe so I will no longer pretend to give your arguments courtesy because they deserve very little if not just none. To argue and imply you make sense is to fool those who may not know enough. I would feel disingenuous if I were to do that. You are in your own fantasyland where you would not say something you didn't believe and no matter who and how many people front up to you and tell you how it is you still think you are in the majority with your assertions.

To call some of your cricketing knowledge "crazy" would be a compliment. I don't mind being seen as rude. I, frankly, treat people how I am treated. In discussion, I take nothing personal and I leave it all out. Whether friend or foe, discussion may be heated but I never take to heart anything said. So whether I consider someone a friend and I argue with them, I don't let that affect my friendship and if I have a dislike for someone, them agreeing with me still does not affect my friendship. Simple agreement or disagreement is not the reason for my like or dislike of people.

As I said, I find it highly insulting to be put through some of your arguments, as they're usually insulting mine and others' intelligence. If there was sense even coupled with bias I could take that. We all on certain issues seem to be rigid on something. But too many issues with you have lead me to believe it is just not as simple as this.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah. I'm oblivious to very little that goes on around here. See, not only am I perceptive, but I talk to people.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I'm not. I don't go around claiming authority on things I don't have it on, however.

You know someone is running-out of ideas when they start making sarcastic comments about personality-traits of people that those people haven't even mentioned. I never remotely claimed I was modest.

Anyway, I seem to recall a fair few people getting rather annoyed, enough to start threads in SD, about sniping - you were involved then, too, funnily enough, and I've not been fault-free in the past on the matter myself - so this'll be my last post in this thread not related to cricket matters.

archie mac

International Coach
Viv said Lillee was the best of the fast bowlers. Lillee's contemporaries like Hadlee and and Imran also said it (not sure if Marshall said it too). What you just said has nothing to do with what I just said.
Marshall also wrote that Lillee was the best

archie mac

International Coach
Considering the ESPN panel of judges, I'd give it a fair dose of credibility :

Wasim Akram, Sunil Gavaskar, Richie Benaud, Sir Richard Hadlee, Dickie Bird, Michael Holding, Allan Border, John Knowles, Ian Botham, Robin Marlar, Ian Chappell, Christopher Martin-Jenkins, Tony Cozier, Mike Procter, Martin Crowe .
I would not:@ On that list from what I have read only Benaud, Chappelli, Marlar, Cozier and CMJ would really know their history of cricket, I thought that list a joke tbh

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Marshall also wrote that Lillee was the best
As did Holding.

Lillee was a fast bowlers fast bowler though. He had everything a quick wanted and the skills in addition to the pace.

He is the template most quicks want to model themselves on (or at least used to).

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard knows nothing of cricket. Just talks in pointless avenues to try to make his prejudices seem correct.

Didn't want to say that, but he keeps on saying that people not saying it is a valediction of his laughable views. Also the fact that he admits he tries to get rid of people he disagrees with means that many who are contrary have left the forum, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Oddly I agree with him on this subject, but his reasons are as hypocritical and contradictory as normal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I would not:@ On that list from what I have read only Benaud, Chappelli, Marlar, Cozier and CMJ would really know their history of cricket, I thought that list a joke tbh
Interesting that - Marlar has always qualified as something of a joke to me TBH, though almost all of that relates to current, rather than past, cricket. The only historical piece I've read from him was on Sussex CCC, which was decent enough, however.

archie mac

International Coach
Interesting that - Marlar has always qualified as something of a joke to me TBH, though almost all of that relates to current, rather than past, cricket. The only historical piece I've read from him was on Sussex CCC, which was decent enough, however.
Pretty well read is Mr. Marlar, although I don't agree with all of his opinions either:)

Flem274*

123/5
Was going to reply to Kazo's post to me but its so far back now I cbf finding it. Tbh I find it silly trying to seperate Marshall, Hadlee and Lillee but if I had to choose one I'd take Hadlee on gut feeling and tbh, some nationalistic bias.:p

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I think it's pretty ****ty to come in, brown nose and leave. The constant one word pass-bys are insulting to me. That's my reaction. And, although I am sure Richard may find it insulting, I truly believe that in a lot of ways he has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. Whether you agree or disagree is upto you. I just thought I'd return the ol' roll eyes back.
Yeah, that's right, I'm brown-nosing, as that would make perfect sense considering I disagree with Richard on numerous cricket matters and have never felt any compulsion to brown-nose him, or anyone else on this site before. You're a dead set dickhead. How's that for insulting?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that's right, I'm brown-nosing. You're a dead set dickhead. How's that for insulting?
You've come in the middle of my arguments with several posters plenty of times, trying to 'stick it to me'. And you do it with one comment and one smiley and poof, you're gone. If that ain't brown-nosing, what is?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
You've come in the middle of my arguments with several posters plenty of times, trying to 'stick it to me'. And you do it with one comment and one smiley and poof, you're gone. If that ain't brown-nosing, what is?
You are wrong my dear. There are many here who agree with you (myself included) and do not like the direction this discussion has taken. Its just that there seems to be no point going on and on about it. You have made your point and should 'rest your case' even if no one else does. A debate should not be about getting everyone to agree to one's point of view or going on till every one leaves the arena.

Thats does no credit to anyone.

Leave it.