• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If the extent of your analysis is to compare female athletes to their male counterparts, I rather suspect your base understanding of women's sport, and the value of it, is rather deficient.

As for proving me wrong, your previous posts have already made a good case as to why I am right.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the extent of your analysis is to compare female athletes to their male counterparts, I rather suspect your base understanding of women's sport, and the value of it, is rather deficient.

As for proving me wrong, your previous posts have already made a good case as to why I am right.
Nope

Meg Lanning is one of the greatest cricketers of her generation

Female footballers are simply not very good

PC bs is the only reason why they are getting any exposure

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
My pleasure. But if all you can do is make snide insinuations then it would probably benefit all concerned if you bestowed the fruits of your prodigious wit on someone with the spare time to give them the consideration they doubtless deserve.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Cry me a river

The Matildas minus Kerr were thrashed by Newcastle u/15s

Same thing happened to US

How many 14yo boys beat Serena in tennis?

Lauren Jackson was allegedly good enough to play in the NBL

Women footballers flat out suck
Eat **** you miserable ****.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eat **** you miserable ****.
Thanks for your input

Now mount a rebuttal to anything that I posted

But before you post, keep in mind the fact that I am the father to a young daughter and 100% behind anything that promotes sport to youngsters

HOWEVER, that doesn’t change the fact that most of these girls are far from good

The sport is like women’s cricket a few decades ago

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Cry me a river

The Matildas minus Kerr were thrashed by Newcastle u/15s

Same thing happened to US

How many 14yo boys beat Serena in tennis?

Lauren Jackson was allegedly good enough to play in the NBL

Women footballers flat out suck
I think this speaks more to the lag in investment in women's vis a vis how much more developed tennis for women is. Considering that even in the west women were only permitted to organise pro leagues in the 70s, and the fact in many parts of the world, organisation of women's football is less than an afterthought, it goes without saying alot of the teams look erm...undercooked. This does not mean women are inherently bad at football

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're all far better than I am and nobody interrupts the spectators at our games to rant about how ****e the quality is.

The men's World Cup is a million miles from the pinnacle of the sport now too. It's not really why you watch it.

cpr

International Coach
I think this speaks more to the lag in investment in women's vis a vis how much more developed tennis for women is. Considering that even in the west women were only permitted to organise pro leagues in the 70s, and the fact in many parts of the world, organisation of women's football is less than an afterthought, it goes without saying alot of the teams look erm...undercooked. This does not mean women are inherently bad at football

One of the barbs I've seen was about the United youth team beating the new Womens team last summer. Ignoring the womens team was only 3 weeks old, the fact is those boys had been focusing on football since 8 years old, went through a school (Ashton on Mersey) that put their football development over academics from the age of 11, and have basically been told football is their life (even if they don't make it at the top, they'll easily earn far more than 90% of their peers just by playing at any level of the football league). This is pretty common now in good standard youth teams around Europe at least, for men. Womens football has absolutely nowhere near the investment in development until basically the player turns pro. It's no wonder men's youth teams beat professional womens teams, they've had 1000s of hours more training and have had football ingrained into them more than anything else

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thanks for your input

Now mount a rebuttal to anything that I posted

But before you post, keep in mind the fact that I am the father to a young daughter and 100% behind anything that promotes sport to youngsters

HOWEVER, that doesn’t change the fact that most of these girls are far from good

The sport is like women’s cricket a few decades ago
I'm not aware that anyone has claimed that the women's game is on par with the men.

Niall

International Coach
From the guardian on Utd trying to sign AWB. :laugh:

Two bids had already been rejected out of hand. The second is understood to have guaranteed only £35m for the 21-year-old right-back, with a further £15m dependent upon personal and collective honours. Palace considered those performance-related clauses – some are believed to relate to United, who finished sixth last term, winning the Champions League – to be wildly unrealistic.