• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tough times fro Kieran Foran. Hope he gets back on track asap. Seems a good kid.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Rough deal for Parra, best they've looked for years and this is the reward they get for it. Negative points and their star player out indefinitely.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't want to listen to it myself, but the irony of Waldron commenting on Parramatta... *ugh*

Interesting to see Masters write about a few of the Melbourne supporters looking to head down an appeal line as well.

Spikey

no that will be the forthcoming "WADA won't let him play, now they will, Fiji didn't pick him anyway" saga

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another magnificent Cowboys and Broncos game, Thurston never stops being absurdly good.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought we were noticeably better that half despite the scoreline. Been a while since I could say that.

Matty is built for Origin imo.

Spikey

nsw should really not even bother with the try thing and just go for field goals

social

Meh

Lots of tickets available for 2nd match but seriously expensive

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
<PhilGould>Boring? Boring? That was the most intense physical battle of men in history, something not seen ever in history with only the beach landings at Gallipoli or the Battle of Thermopylae coming close to matching it. This is the pinnacle of Rugby League, with the world greatest athletes going at it till death, if you want high scoring go watch netball or Matt Hayden take apart the Zimbabwean attack. THIS IS ORIGIN!!! *chinwiggleforeffect*</PhilGould>

I've clearly taken liberties there, Gus wouldn't have a clue where Thermopylae is. I didn't watch the game (at work in London obvs) but imagine his pregame speech standing under the posts went something like that. Also imagine a "thats Origin" thrown in when a stiff arm to a blokes head occurs.Oh and something about trench warfare. Was I close?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say so, but in all honesty I skipped the pregame.

Honestly the best part about this season is that everything being live on foxtel means I don't have to put up with the C9 geriatrics any more.

I do miss Sterlo though.

social

Whilst you have to give credit to the players for keeping mistakes to a minimum in a high-paced game in less than ideal conditions, it was all a bit too predictable and I can see why the Kiwis gives us trouble because they are anything but

For their part, I reckon the Blues play into Qld's arms by setting up with a defensive lineup as they rarely have enough points in them to put games away

No idea who can be picked to change that but picking a team with the stated aim of keeping the opposition down to 14 points will only work if you can put more than 14 on the board yourself

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Whilst you have to give credit to the players for keeping mistakes to a minimum in a high-paced game in less than ideal conditions, it was all a bit too predictable and I can see why the Kiwis gives us trouble because they are anything but

For their part, I reckon the Blues play into Qld's arms by setting up with a defensive lineup as they rarely have enough points in them to put games away

No idea who can be picked to change that but picking a team with the stated aim of keeping the opposition down to 14 points will only work if you can put more than 14 on the board yourself
In the last decade the NSW team has always had the same kinds of problems. A spine that lacks quality and just enough "WTF" selections to turn an underdog team into an uncompetitive one. We have both these problems this year, though the spine problem is better than it was. Walker being selected (and used for 5 minutes) should be a travesty, but instead it just slots in alongside Buhrer, Merritt, Jackson and Turner as the par for the course dumb selection. Throw in incoherent tactics and a seemingly complete lack of strategic rationale and you have a team that would struggle to beat many club sides, let alone the juggernaut that has been QLD in recent times.

How Daley still has a job is beyond me.

Last edited: