• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So it turns out Hillsborough wasn't the fans' fault, if only this had been known all along.

****ing shambles, doesn't matter who you support.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is indeed, I must admit it even surprised me, and I despised the Government of the time, have never believed the Scum remotely, remember how fans were treated by police then.

Just incredible, the taking blood tests of the children to see if they could call them drunk a particular low point. Yet the fact many could have been saved even with a simple level of competence is really the scandal, and that's why it's been covered up and blamed on fans.

I thought the blame did not lie with the fans mostly, but I I must admit I thought thatthere possibly was a very small minority who may have been somewhat guilty, it seems they've been totally exonerated.

I also wondered why families were still pursuing it so vociferously, but it seems the incompetence and scandal of the cover-up is such a terrible thing, that it seems they were totally justified. I sincerely hope it won't stop here, and there will be prosecutions.

McKenzie is such a scum-bucket, only 6 years ago he said he wasn't sorry about the headline when a lot of this stuff was in the open, now he makes the most weasly apology blaming others. All the other 'papers got the same quotes from "un-named" members of the Police, no-one else wrote a story like that. Although the Express was close, it has to be said. Not sure why they're getting away with it so much.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought the blame did not lie with the fans mostly, but I I must admit I thought thatthere possibly was a very small minority who may have been somewhat guilty, it seems they've been totally exonerated.
Basically how I saw it too.

The amount of lies that have come out today though are shocking and the fact that those lies were being put in place while fans were still being taken off the pitch on makeshift stretchers is disgraceful. Lets hope justice is now done and prosecutions follow.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It is indeed, I must admit it even surprised me, and I despised the Government of the time, have never believed the Scum remotely, remember how fans were treated by police then.

Just incredible, the taking blood tests of the children to see if they could call them drunk a particular low point. Yet the fact many could have been saved even with a simple level of competence is really the scandal, and that's why it's been covered up and blamed on fans.

I also wondered why families were still pursuing it so vociferously, but it seems the incompetence and scandal of the cover-up is such a terrible thing, that it seems they were totally justified. I sincerely hope it won't stop here, and there will be prosecutions.

McKenzie is such a scum-bucket, only 6 years ago he said he wasn't sorry about the headline when a lot of this stuff was in the open, now he makes the most weasly apology blaming others. All the other 'papers got the same quotes from "un-named" members of the Police, no-one else wrote a story like that. Although the Express was close, it has to be said. Not sure why they're getting away with it so much.
What did the Express say?

I'd imagine, anyway, it would be in part because The Scum had wide readership round these parts at the time.

And yeah, I made a thread in 06 slating McKenzie, complete ****, simple as.

Football fans are still treated like scum by some authorities, I'd never been to a game in 89 but can only imagine what it was like. Nobody should die because they attended a football match.

Pretty choked up im not ashamed to say

grecian

What did the Express say?

I'd imagine, anyway, it would be in part because The Scum had wide readership round these parts at the time.

And yeah, I made a thread in 06 slating McKenzie, complete ****, simple as.

Football fans are still treated like scum by some authorities, I'd never been to a game in 89 but can only imagine what it was like. Nobody should die because they attended a football match.

Pretty choked up im not ashamed to say
Well, I still remember being treated to our coach being driven out to the chilly North Sea taken off the coach to be searched in December in December, quite why it was miles from the ground. Oh and just the threat of the truncheon, Dogs or horses, if you dared to step out of any lines when you went away. I only supported Exeter too.

Oh, to be fair to the Express, they did clearly say it was police sources, which crucially the Scum didn't, but still....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah still a very dodgy article but doesn't have the barefaced ****ishness of 'THE TRUTH'

@grecian

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It'd be better if you chose a more appropriate moment to push your personal agenda.
There is time and place for your sarcastic quips and pushing political agendas. This is not it.
There have been many making fun of those wanting justice for years and laughed in the faces of those who even brought up these kinds of conspiracies as kooks or idiots. Now how stupid do those people look?

I find this kind of thing despicable, and is the very reason I am so passionate about my views to a fault. I have been a Liverpool fan most of my life and have had ample time to learn about its history, and especially Hillsborough. I felt for the families, but never could I envision such blanket abuse of power to cover up such unforgivable acts. More than hiding the truth, they shifted the blame on the victims. If I were the families I'd consider this only the beginning and want even more done. There should be jail time for anyone involved.

As I've stated before, for me, transgressions of power like this mean something different than to most others on this forum. I come from a country that to this day beat and kill protestors for wanting their basic rights. Where every single ****ing facet of my countrymen's lives are controlled and where two people who are in love can't even hold hands walking down the ****ing street.

Agenda? **** off.

fredfertang

164 statements "significantly amended"

164 ffs - that is quite unbelievable

I wonder how many will be charged with conspiracy to pervert - won't be enough I don't doubt

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
164 statements "significantly amended"

164 ffs - that is quite unbelievable

I wonder how many will be charged with conspiracy to pervert - won't be enough I don't doubt
Doubt any will, probably come up with a line that it isn't in the interests of the country to take pensioners to court (I presume Duckenfield is now one)