• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Too good for Wigan, tbh.

Interesting to see what kinda fist he'll make of the Toffees. Mate of mine reckons he's Wenger in waiting.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We got Kolo for Carra. Good replacement IMO. Always been a fan of him, not sure how much he still has in the tank though since he didn't feature for City much.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's pretty much universally hated but from what I saw of him this season he actually played reasonably well. I think it's a decent signing.

Eds

International Debutant
Assuming he's not on City-esque wages, and we're not genuinely expecting him to be one of our top 2 centre backs whilst challenging for the top four, then it's a good signing.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Assuming he's not on City-esque wages, and we're not genuinely expecting him to be one of our top 2 centre backs whilst challenging for the top four, then it's a good signing.
Yeah there's a danger you could fall back on him when other players don't progress as you'd hoped, which happened a bit with Carra this year. He probably can't play every game but he should definitely be good to have around.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not sure what to make of it really. Guess having some experience helps, particularly when he's on a free. Wages meant to be around 45k.

Onwards!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Remember when he was the best lad ever?
Haha I do indeed, an accolade he was sadly not able to hold onto for any great duration. Always thought he was a much better midfielder than a defender, so it's a shame he never really got a chance to develop in that role.

I wonder who the best lad ever is these days. Chesney maybe, if he doesn't go down the pan again.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha I do indeed, an accolade he was sadly not able to hold onto for any great duration. Always thought he was a much better midfielder than a defender, so it's a shame he never really got a chance to develop in that role.

I wonder who the best lad ever is these days. Chesney maybe, if he doesn't go down the pan again.
Of Arsenal players, got to be Cazorla.

Of all Football, clearly Clayton Donaldson and Klopp.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Of Arsenal players, got to be Cazorla.

Of all Football, clearly Clayton Donaldson and Klopp.
Yes, Cazorla a good shout. May yet be overtaken by Wilshere if the latter doesn't end up being sold, getting injured, or falling from grace somehow. None of which would it be wise to rule out.

If Gervinho was any good he'd be a contender for the greatest lad ever too. But alas. Still remember that game against City.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I think Wilshere may have something likeable about him too though. Can easily see him becoming the Fabregas type player, who drags Arsenal through the mire every week, until getting fed up and being sold.