• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Love Roy Keane's obvious contempt for him though.
Yeah, he's the one redeeming feature of the programme really.

Don't particularly mind Dixon, a bit bland.

Southgate on the other hand, is the Cevno of television punditry. Make of that what you will.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Watched the game at a pub with a Bayern fan. Fair to say he was pleased.

Still getting my head around anyone spanking Barca like that.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The Cantona incident was on a member of the public though, which makes it worse in someways. Football players are violent towards each other all the time on the pitch, it just his method of violence is so ****ing wierd. Personally I find the whole incident kind of amusing rather than unspeakably awful.
I think the Cantona incident was far worse (kung-fu kicking someone vs biting someone doesn't really compare) but why exactly is an act worse if perpetrated against a member of the public? Both are human beings.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Best comment on the Guardian:

"When Arjen Robben puts in a proper shift, tracking back and all, you know you are gonna get ****ed. Proper ****ed."

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Klopp's come out and said that's what it was.

Götze has gone because he is Guardiola's personal chosen signing and he wants to play with Guardiola, in his style. I can't make myself 15cm shorter or start speaking Spanish. I cannot preach a football based on quick transitions and then [suddenly] start playing tiki-taka.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really, think this was to be expected really, Barton getting 12 matches after the City thing was harsher I would say. If this was his first offense then maybe 10 would be harsh but we all know it is not.

Liverpool's games until the end of the season are pretty meaningless as well so it is not the worst time for it to happen.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
This got 8 matches and they've given Suarez 10? Defoe also bit a player and got a yellow. There is no consistency. They've pulled 10 from their rears.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Suarez getting what he deserves. So 6th league game of next season (add 1 round of Capital One Cup to the ban) will surely be v United or Everton.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Luis Suárez bite: for how long should the Liverpool striker be banned?

10 games for Suarez. I find that a bit ridiculous. Liverpool should contest it.
This got 8 matches and they've given Suarez 10? Defoe also bit a player and got a yellow. There is no consistency. They've pulled 10 from their rears.
He got a 7 game ban in Holland for the same, so they couldn't have given him less for his second offence here. Plus he was apparently warned when he got banned for the Evra incident that it will be taken into account if he were to face future charges.