• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

cpr

International Coach
Probably true tbh. Do remember the popular opinion was that suuurely we couldn't be relegated, and not just from our fans.

Also yeah Given was sold in January actually. So was N'Zogbia, who had just started to grow into a really good player, but then became overly ambitious looking for 'bigger challenges' or something, only to move to Wigan.

Yeah the opinion was pretty much 'How are Newcastle doing this bad, they are a far better team than this. Oh, Joe Kinnear'

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I expect they'll probably see off Sunderland too actually, but since neither club nor manager are particularly likeable, I'll be hoping for whatever result increases the chances of them both being relegated.

That said, I will give Sunderland my total support tomorrow. If they get any sort of result at Stamford Bridge it will be extremely amusing, as Chelsea have a run of tricky games to close up with and they could end up in **** creek.
Surely only one can go down? Reading and QPR are gone for my money.

As much as I don't want Chelsea to win anything, it would be hilarious if Benitez won two trophies but took them to 5th.
FA Cup and what?

I think he's settled very well and made quite a bit of difference tbh. He's had the odd wobble, but for a player who's moved to the Premiership from Spain, and in the January transfer window no less, he's settled really well.

Kieran Gibbs with a real fight on his hands now, as I should have thought Monreal will be automatic first choice for the foreseeable future.

Edit: In fact, out the Premiership games he's played since joining, Arsenal have won 6 out of 7, and conceded 4 goals. Conversely, in the 7 games prior to him signing, Arsenal won 2, and conceded 11.

I'm not trying to say he alone is responsible for the turnaround, but I think it's more than coincidence that Arsenal improved upon his signing.
Panic signing though, remember.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyway, well done Wigan. Poor showing, but I imagine they'll be thrilled with the result. Basically have knocked QPR well out of the running, and are now level on points with free-falling Sunderland with a game in hand.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway, well done Wigan. Poor showing, but I imagine they'll be thrilled with the result. Basically have knocked QPR well out of the running, and are now level on points with free-falling Sunderland with a game in hand.
Nah it is two points dropped.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah it is two points dropped.
Given the circumstances it probably is, yes. Thrilled probably wasn't the most appropriate word to use, but I imagine they'll be satisfied. For me I think this was really a must not lose game, rather than a must win game. If they had lost it would have been a really disastrous result. The draw still leaves them with a lot of work to do, particularly as they've got some dodgy fixtures coming up in the next few weeks, but they can now more or less stop worrying about being caught by QPR. Their matches away at West Ham and at home to Spurs are really crucial now though (not counting their next game away at City, as I'd be surprised if they got anything from that), if they can get 4 points from those two games I'd back them to get enough from their remaining games to stay up.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a goal by Remy but you have to laugh at QPR. Shot themselves in the foot again. Will anybody other than their 16,000 fans care they are going down?

Scaly piscine

How the hell did the referee not give that penalty for West Ham?

Tomkins gets the ball, Enrique kicks him. It was one of the most blatantly obvious penalties you'll see.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
"When the ball hits row Z, not the back of the net: That's Zamora"
We sing "When you sit in Row Z, and the ball hits your head: That's Zamoraaaaa" but yeah, general idea is the same, haha.

Went to bed instead of staying up for the Prem, seems like a good decision on my behalf. :) :(

grecian

Does anyone know if they're going to do a minutes silence tonight? I think it would be inadvisable at football matches TBH.