• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

cpr

International Coach
Only possible thing I can think of is Adkins was struggling to convince better players to come to Southampton, and this change would help their recruitment over the rest of the window. For this far fetched idea to be feasible, means they would have to be planning a serious splurge in Jan, which is a risky move when you're bottom half and a real risk for the drop. Either way, the directors are clueless

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I wonder if they're trying to take a page out of QPR's book tbh, and give Adkins the Warnock treatment. Long term future and image of the club etc... Still totally illogical given the context, but it's the most sensible explanation I can think of.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That story on fletcher makes me feel bad about my comment that I'd rather have bowel surgery without anasthetic than spend a single moment in the company of Ikki.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Big win for Fred's chaps in Geordie land today.

First ever victory up there, apparantly.

That 8 year contract The Toon slapped on Pardew looking better and better business by the week.

Going down with the Villa, as the old song used to have it.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't dislike him as much as the fat little Scottish ****, but still nice to stick one up Pards - still think we'll go down, but where there's life there's hope

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interesting how the ref thought that wasn't a goalscoring opp.

We've regressed so far from the home game versus the Chavs where, honestly, they were a bit spawny to win with two arsey goals.

Men against boys here tho. WTF was Diaby doing for the second? Sarries v Edinburgh looking more and more tempting, tbh...

Jarquis

This is tragic. Foul on Coq for the first and not a pen IMO. Not that it excuses how we've played. Sagna's done

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Chelsea looking great but they did for 45 against the Saints.

First piece of business I did on Football Manager 13 this week was to sell Walnut, not give him 90k a week.

duffer

I remember reading on Arsenal forums at the start of the season that our fans thought Santi was better than Cesc. Heh. I know we're running him into the ground but he's seriously hiding out there.

Meh, I expected this sort of ****e when I sat down to watch. This squad is appaling.