Page 100 of 343 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I'm aware of why there's a wall but let's not oversimplify. The optimal position doesn't give him a 100% chance of saving a shot on that side and a 0% chance of saving a shot on the other side. Of course he shouldn't be conceding many on his side but when it's going into the opposite corner before taking a deflection off a stray leg in the wall I think we'll make an exception.

I don't remember hearing any of this criticism when De Gea let one in from Mata on that side. And that may just be the price you pay for saves like the one he made from Mata at 3-3 last season.

Well no, because it gives Hart a great chance when Rooney smashes it into the other corner. As everyone in the ground was expecting him to, I think. There were two defenders blocking the shot into the corner where he scored; when he gets it past both of them, you probably just have to say well done. It's exactly the same intuition as you've used for the second.

They both boil down to the same thing- keeping is all about positioning and positioning is a percentage game. Hart's been beaten on his positioning twice today but, trying not to be results-oriented about it, I think both times his positioning was fine. The clear shot into the near corner looked far more of a threat for Rooney's first and you can't really account for what Nasri did for RVP's.

And I think his positioning's very good generally too. But if you don't agree I can't really argue, it's just a judgment I've made from watching him constantly bail Citeh out over the past 18 months. Keeping is really subjective.

I just think this is nonsense. De Gea's made far more outright mistakes, probably had a few more "maybe could have done better" moments, and far, far less world-class stops.

EDIT: Oh jesus, just clicked reply and saw a wall of text, I'm turning into Ikki. Balls.
    You used to make much longer posts before you gave up on Cricket Chat tbf.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    EDIT: Oh jesus, just clicked reply and saw a wall of text, I'm turning into Ikki. Balls.
    You're not near as smart or handsome ****.

Liverpool, Liverpooooooool. Jonjo Messi!
    ★★★★★

cpr
    Yeah Upper****, stop dribbling on the keyboard
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    Hart really is ****. You could put literally any other keeper in the league in City's net and the 1st and 3rd goals would not have happened.
    Ha ha, am presuming this really is a joke post ??
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    I think you already know that I do.

Fs, we're getting killed today. Not having a defence is such a major handicap in these games.
    I know but you're massively harsh. Seemingly missing their mostly good games.
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Why, because as a United fan he dares to be critical to their players rather than defending them to the hilt?
    No. I'd be the first to tell you Valencia's been rubbish this season and Rio's been off a bit.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Don't even think either of those things are true. It's almost as if you haven't watched United often at all .
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Don't even think either of those things are true. It's almost as if you haven't watched United often at all .
    Valencia hasn't been woeful? Not with his Downing-like run down the wing, stop and play the ball back antics?

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Valencia hasn't been woeful? Not with his Downing-like run down the wing, stop and play the ball back antics?
    This is something I've noticed, when he's not on his best he tends to get towards the edge of the area, stop, hold it up, hope Rafael's made a run, then pass it back towards Carrick.

Was doing it a bit against City, before finally making one pass on the full back after about 70 minutes or so. Was infuriating me.

Thought Rio played well on Sunday though.

So what you're saying is, he's terrible because he regularly gets us to the other end of the pitch before keeping the ball.

Valencia's really quite direct, you should see how often Iniesta does that. If we'd signed Nasri you'd probably have killed yourself by now.

Valencia got player of the year last season by getting into those areas but actually doing something positive with it like embarrassing his marker and getting balls into the box that the strikers didn't have to work to make a chance out of.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I hate it when fans make dumb complaints like this.

Turning back and passing to a team-mate is a far better option than an aimless punt into the box.

If there's one thing we've learned from the unprecedented success of Spain and Barcelona it's that the one true hallmark of a bad player is often passing the ball sideways.

The worst ones are the ones that run to the other team's end of the pitch before doing it. I call those ones "Downing-esque".

cpr
    The issue I have with Valencia sometimes is the ball into the box is on, but when he's not on his game he very clearly lacks the confidence to try and take the defender on, or get the ball in. He can actually look like a lost deer for a few split seconds before he gets rid. Whilst keeping the ball is nice, taking the momentum out of a great break is frustrating.

His panic reminds me of Andy Cole when he'd had 2 touches and not shot yet, the idea of actually thinking about what to do next killed him.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Ahahahaha Bradford! Full strength Arsenal team and everything. Awesome scenes at the end.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Thread Information