• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Will probably start the Div1 Cw league when the fixture list is up. If anyone doesn't wish to participate, or if they want to add a team,say. Also if anyone can think of a decent name for it, that would be good:)
Third Division Championship.

Resist the money-spinning names. :p

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Links everywhere about it itbt. Been the same the last couple of years though, so it's hardly surprising.

cover drive man

International Captain
On the betting front, about 5 years ago Arsenal would have been one of the big favourites but now they're going at 7/1 for the league at William Hill. Man United remain favourites at 13/8, Chelsea are 9/4 and Liverpool 3/1, 25/1 bar.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why have they gone for him ? - sounds a tad left field
I'd guess because he's a "name" with connections to the area thanks to his stint at the 'Pool. Can't honestly think of any other reason, his coaching record is abysmal; was laughably dire at Celtic and failed to take Jamaica even into the CONCACAF final qualifying group.

&, I don't know if you've ever had the "pleasure" to catch him "presenting" on 5, but I'd suggest his appointment won't have anything to do with his eloquence on the beautiful game either.

fredfertang

I'd guess because he's a "name" with connections to the area thanks to his stint at the 'Pool. Can't honestly think of any other reason, his coaching record is abysmal; was laughably dire at Celtic and failed to take Jamaica even into the CONCACAF final qualifying group.

&, I don't know if you've ever had the "pleasure" to catch him "presenting" on 5, but I'd suggest his appointment won't have anything to do with his eloquence on the beautiful game either.
That's what I feared - what is GIMH like if Tranmere have a bad trot? - I can imagine morose might be an understatement

Agent TBY

International Captain
Links everywhere about it itbt. Been the same the last couple of years though, so it's hardly surprising.
Er, we signed Fellaini for 15mil last summer, and were bidding close to 18mil for Moutinho.

The van der Meyde off-loading should help us a bit in the capture of Owen, though. He'd better not be asking for more than 50k considering his record in the past couple of seasons.

Pothas

For the first time I think Liverpool actually have a chance next year although I hope they fail, Think it is going to be very close between the top 4 next season and I really can't predict a winner. Think Arsenal will improve. Hull, Burnley and Wolves for the drop although would like one of those two to stay up but lost all sympathy for Hull.
As for league 1 I think Brentford will stay up relatively comfortably, would be happy with mid-table.

Johnners

Er, we signed Fellaini for 15mil last summer, and were bidding close to 18mil for Moutinho.

The van der Meyde off-loading should help us a bit in the capture of Owen, though. He'd better not be asking for more than 50k considering his record in the past couple of seasons.
Did indeed, but apart from Fellaini, who else did Everton actually splash some cash on? IIRC the 3/4 other players brought in were either loans or free transfers. The sale of Andy Johnson is what funded the Fellaini bid.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Have you seen his 34-page brochure?

Were it not for an unhappy spell at Real Madrid and two injury-scarred years at Newcastle, he would be spoken about in the same breath as Torres and Ronaldo and valued in the priceless figures that only match-winning goalscorers ever justify.

Owen "is about to make the biggest decision of his football career", and explains that the 29-year-old is "good looking" and "charismatic"."

:)

As for him going to Everton, I can't see it firstly due to his wage demands and secondly he doesn't fit in with the system they use. AJ worked as he tracked back and was a carthouse upfront that always put himself about, Owen does sweet FA. The Yak is back next season as well.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice selling technique from the agents. "If he hadn't played like utter poo for the past five years, he'd be thought of as a really good player!"

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

Extremely harsh to blame him for that. Laughable even.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

That's what I feared - what is GIMH like if Tranmere have a bad trot? - I can imagine morose might be an understatement
Same as he's been for the last couple of decades you'd imagine :ph34r:

Nah look, that's poor form.
Sky Sports News have now confirmed the appointment of Barnes. The club haven't, but that's to be expected, they are probably just getting round to confirming our final league position 8-)

Anyway, I believe the reason for the strange managerial dealings at PP to be to do with administrative chnages. There are takeover rumours all over the place and whilst I don't believe some of the personnel that are being tipped (Fowler & McManaman) I definitely think there are new owners of some sort coming in. Sacking Moore was dramatic and odd to say the least, and appointing Barnes even stranger. McAteer is set to be his assistant, which I imagine is for lower-league knowledge. As much of a tit McAteer is, I've heard good things about his coaching.

Dunno, it's not the appointment I'd have made (should have got Coppell :ph34r:) but now that they are seemingly here then I've no choice but to get behind them. Got a hell of a job on their hands though. We've got no players.

Edit, oh and yes he does have connections in the area. Lives on the peninsula, in fact