• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Snooker Thread

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks almost certain that he will make it.

Oh and Ronnie is not grossly overated but never mind.
Mmm. His ability to actually win snooker matches is overrated, and I'd say quite badly so.

He is insanely impressive though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Selby's pretty much the only likable Englishman capable of it. I guess Ali Carter is reasonably inoffensive. But I wouldn't call him likable.

Would much rather Selby had got through, I think him against Robertson would have been a great match. Dott's playing really well but the year he won it was the most boring final in snooker history.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea the videos and transcripts look pretty damning, just gone through them myself.

They certainly don't look like they feel threatened or in danger.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Selby's pretty much the only likable Englishman capable of it. I guess Ali Carter is reasonably inoffensive. But I wouldn't call him likable.

Would much rather Selby had got through, I think him against Robertson would have been a great match. Dott's playing really well but the year he won it was the most boring final in snooker history.
I reckon Carter's pretty likeable actually. IMO obviously.

fredfertang

He'll run the tried and trusted Grobelaar defence
Not for the first time my prediction proves to be flawed but I still maintain he'd be better off with the proven to be successful Grobelaar "evidence gathering" defence than this Russian Mafia thing - I mean how many snooker fans do you meet called Andrei, Vladimir etc etc ?

social

Ukraine is one of the dodgiest places on the planet

"We were in fear of our lives" - duh

Wtf were you doing there in the first place?

Scaly piscine

Big steal for the Aussie there to get his nose in front. Looking likely to be 6-6 at the interval though.

Scaly piscine

A News of the World spokesman said the newspaper was 'surprised' by the mafia intimidation claims, and said neither man had shown any sign of duress.
She said: 'Mr Mooney had three previous meetings with our investigations editor at bars and restaurants of his choosing in Edinburgh, a city he knows very well.
'We assume Mr Mooney did not feel intimidated during these meetings where he openly discussed John Higgins and match-fixing.'

The tabloid has promised to publish further revelations next weekend.
The plot thickens.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Find it somewhat ironic that the documentary on the 1985 final has been delayed because of this game - suspect the 12.52 finish of 2006 is going be smashed here, I'm guessing at somewhere around 2am.