• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Snooker Thread

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah mate up the Jester.

I don't really know of any but you could always try one of those sites that streams the BBC channels. If not have a look over at /r/snooker.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
All good thanks mate....got myself sorted ;)

Great session of snooker that was too, Robertson pulled back 2 frames to finish at 10 - 10...........means I'll have to get up at 4am to watch the last session:wacko:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Told myself this morning I'd start work at the mid-session interval and then the last frame before it took 50 minutes

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well didn't manage to get up for the last session but shame Robertson didn't get through........really fancied the final between him and Ronnie more. Mind you I think I'd near bet my house on Ronnie no matter who he faced, looks like he's got his head right and if he has.........no one is beating him.

Any snooker players here? Haven't picked up a cue in 20 years since I moved to Australia but I had what the English call a "misspent youth" and it is probably the thing I miss the most about the UK. I knew and played O'sullivan a few times when he was just a kid (about 10).........he was a little **** back then but **** he was good!!

Jarquis

I play a bit, or used to, but I'm not much cop. Made a few 30s and a couple of 40s (IIRC) as a teenager but not played in years.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Gripping last day that. Really happy with the result, is always nice to have a new world champ. It was pretty ugly viewing yesterday but to come back from 10-5 against arguably the GoaT is some effort.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah congrats to Selby. The fact his highest break of the final was 70 odd just shows he how much he grafted for it, especially after a marathon semi........great effort.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
He did get a 127 towards the end but yeah most of it was pure graft, which must have been partly tactical.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You probably have to be middle-aged or a snooker historian to have heard of him, but I was rather sad to read of the passing of former Pot Black Champion Graham Miles at the age of 73.

social

You probably have to be middle-aged or a snooker historian to have heard of him, but I was rather sad to read of the passing of former Pot Black Champion Graham Miles at the age of 73.
Used to love Pot Black (watched as a kid with my Dad I might add :p)

Golden age of tv sports where the players could smoke a dart and down a pint between shots

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Used to love Pot Black (watched as a kid with my Dad I might add :p)

Golden age of tv sports where the players could smoke a dart and down a pint between shots
Grew up watching same and remember Graham Miles. Like many of his era, a gentleman. RIP

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Well didn't manage to get up for the last session but shame Robertson didn't get through........really fancied the final between him and Ronnie more. Mind you I think I'd near bet my house on Ronnie no matter who he faced, looks like he's got his head right and if he has.........no one is beating him.

Any snooker players here? Haven't picked up a cue in 20 years since I moved to Australia but I had what the English call a "misspent youth" and it is probably the thing I miss the most about the UK. I knew and played O'sullivan a few times when he was just a kid (about 10).........he was a little **** back then but **** he was good!!
I knew and played Robertson when he was a kid.......he was a **** back then but...............

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Do women play a different section in snooker or with the men?

Also, explain the various disciplines like snooker, billiards, pool - as in which is the highest regarded.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Do women play a different section in snooker or with the men?

Also, explain the various disciplines like snooker, billiards, pool - as in which is the highest regarded.
Women have their own tour, but they can compete with the men if they're good enough. The women's World Champion of the last 10 years - Reanne Evans - was given a wild card into the men's qualifying tournament for the World Championships but lost in the first of three rounds she would have had to win to qualify.

Snooker, billiards and pool are very different and their popularity depends on which country you're in. Snooker has never really caught on in America. I can't think of a single American who's been anywhere near a contender.

Anyway back to the current World Championships. There was an awful davis-ja-vu moment yesterday when the red haired turnip faced McGill beat current champion Mark Selby in the second round.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone watching the UK Championships? A bloke who I don't recall seeing before named Un-Nooh missed a simple black off it's spot that would have given him a 147 and £44,000.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The draw for the World Championship has been made and ......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter

Stephen Maguire v Alan McManus

Ricky Walden v Robbie Williams

John Higgins v Ryan Day

Judd Trump v Liang Wenbo

Martin Gould v Ding Junhui

Mark Williams v Graeme Dott

Neil Robertson v Michael Holt

Shaun Murphy v Anthony McGill

Marco Fu v Peter Ebdon

Barry Hawkins v Zhang Anda

Ronnie O'Sullivan v David Gilbert

Mark Allen v Mitchell Mann

Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson

Michael White v Sam Baird

Mark Selby v Robert Milkins

Compton

International Debutant
Bingham really struggling to get his game together against Carter, here.

He's missing pots by a long way and seems to be catching thick on ever other safety.