Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Wales thread -- as proudly promoted by Grecian

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    He kind of said it over and over in a really aggressive way. Man's a ****, meme or not.
    One incident doesn't make a man bad anymore than an act of charity makes a **** good

But really. I know little of the real life Vardy

He was playing conference football a few years back and just fired a side to their first ever title in this era

He could burn my house down and I'd still love him

Apart from a bit of nastiness on the pitch (In which case you go to hate Bergkamp and Zidane) what had Dele Alli ever done to make himself not likeable? I mean he is just so good.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    someone please post the names of the players in the welsh squad
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Any dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions yet?
    Have you ever seen a photo of the streets of Cyfanswm Solutions Rhwydwaith (as we like to refer to it) where no one's dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    someone please post the names of the players in the welsh squad
    Here you go!

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Daniel Ward (Liverpool), Owain Fon Williams (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)

Defenders: Ashley Williams (Swansea), James Chester (West Brom), Ben Davies (Tottenham), James Collins (West Ham), Chris Gunter (Reading), Neil Taylor (Swansea), Jazz Richards (Fulham)

Midfielders: Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), Joe Allen (Liverpool), David Vaughan (Nottingham Forest), Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace), David Edwards (Wolves), George Williams (Fulham), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Andy King (Leicester)

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), David Cotterill (Birmingham City), Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading), Simon Church (Aberdeen, on loan from Milton Keynes Dons), Sam Vokes (Burnley)

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nick-o View Post
    Here you go!

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace),
    Nothing wrong here

Daniel Ward (Liverpool),
    Totally fine

Owain Fon Williams (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)
    jesus ****ing christ
    Johnners likes this.

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Jazz Richards (Fulham)
    Shame he isn't a goalkeeper.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Nothing wrong here

Totally fine

jesus ****ing christ
    Haha it's the 'Aberdeen, Reading, Birmingham, Real Madrid' that gets me. Still surreal that one of this generation's Galacticos is a Welsh bloke called Gareth.
    Howe_zat and Johnners like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You can't talk, you basically live in Wales anyway.
    All the more reason to dislike them.

I hope all the countries from the British Isles do well. But not when they play England.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Haha it's the 'Aberdeen, Reading, Birmingham, Real Madrid' that gets me. Still surreal that one of this generation's Galacticos is a Welsh bloke called Gareth.
    Was even crazier when Fon Williams was with us and we were bottom of League Two

next to the cow shed, up the road from the horses
    So.. 5 o' clock today..I shall be watching Wales and hoping they do better than their rugby counterparts in foreign climes ..
    The supreme happiness of life is the assurance of being loved; of being loved for oneself, even in spite of oneself.
    Victor Hugo.
    Les Misérables.

Not I, not any one else can travel that road for you,
    You must travel it for yourself.
    ' Song of Myself ' , Leaves of Grass. Walt Whitman.

Here you go!

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Daniel Ward (Liverpool), Owain Fon Williams (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)

Defenders: Ashley Williams (Swansea), James Chester (West Brom), Ben Davies (Tottenham), James Collins (West Ham), Chris Gunter (Reading), Neil Taylor (Swansea), Jazz Richards (Fulham)

Midfielders: Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), Joe Allen (Liverpool), David Vaughan (Nottingham Forest), Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace), David Edwards (Wolves), George Williams (Fulham), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Andy King (Leicester)

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), David Cotterill (Birmingham City), Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading), Simon Church (Aberdeen, on loan from Milton Keynes Dons), Sam Vokes (Burnley)
    I think I count 9 ringers: Ashley Williams, Chester, Edwards, Jonathan Williams, George Williams, King, Robson-Kanu, Church and Vokes.

More Englishmen than most test XIs.
    grecian likes this.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Like queuing at the post office, or a cardboard cup of weak milky tea there is a quality of slightly clichéd but still beautifully reassuring Englishness about watching Cook bat"
    - Barney Ronay

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I think I count 9 ringers: Ashley Williams, Chester, Edwards, Jonathan Williams, George Williams, King, Robson-Kanu, Church and Vokes.

More Englishmen than most test XIs.
    Yeah. Good for them, I'm proud of it.

I was born and raised in Wales; my parents were born and raised in England; one grandparent born and raised in Scotland. Who cares?

If they choose to represent Wales, then that's a choice they've made, and good for them. If I was good enough to play international sports, I'd play for Wales. My sister, with identical upbringing, would choose to play for England. Her children, as far as I can make out, would split fifty-fifty, although none of them have ever lived in Wales.

It's about what you choose. I'm happy those guys chose Wales.

In fact, I'm happier those guys chose Wales than I would be if they hadn't had to choose.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Yeah, that's all fine, but has to wonder how many of them would have chosen to play for Wales if, at the time of their initial selection, they were good enough to play for England.

So, this is my thread, albeit with a generous dollop of promotion from Grecian, and I'm just going to say this, and I don't really care what anyone thinks about it.

Tomorrow's match is probably something none of the rest of you have ever experienced, in the sense that, win or lose, it is the single biggest football match of my life.

Coming from Swansea, not a hotbed of soccer when I was growing up there in the 60s and 70s, even taking into account the Toshack years and the yoyo up and down the divisions, even taking into account our elevation into the premiership in the last few years, even despite all of that, where I come from it's all meant to be about rugby. Soccer is just the punch-line to a cheap joke.

And the national team were the biggest joke of all, routinely drubbed in qualifying tournaments by countries we'd hardly heard of ... the very idea we could make it to a major tournament was just a joke.

So for Wales to have finally, for the first time in my life, qualified for a major tournament, and to play the BigBrother from across the Severn, knowing even a draw will probably be enough ...

Tomorrow night, I'll be sitting in a sports bar somewhere in Shinjuku, and the Japanese kids will just assume I'm some old Englishman whose had too much to drink, and they will never know it's the greatest sporting moment in my life.
    sledger and vogue like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information