• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He tried to make it all about him by crediting the change of ends too. He's just a dick.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Warne has a habit of just being a total asshole to players he doesn’t like (as I mentioned in the other thread). There are stories about him sledging Gilchrist, not to mention his permanent saltiness at Waugh for dropping him.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Lyon hasn't been at his absolute best, but saying he should be in trouble for his spot is kneejerk thinking. The cupboard is still pretty bare still

SOK: definitely still could do a job, but he is older than Lyon and has a chequered disciplinary record, so unlikely to be recalled in all likelihood

Swepson: at the start of the season I was questioning his place for Queensland, his development seemed to flatline for a while. Has definitely upped his game this season, been impressive, but I still think asking him to be the main spinner would be a bridge too far.

Holland: oh dear lord please no, had a golden opportunity to show his worth in the UAE and completely **** the bed. Hasn't even been that impressive domestically this year, should be a long way off

Agar: a strange case is Agar. Always seems to do just enough to stay around the selectors thoughts without ever really standing out. Still seems more like a second spinner.

Andrews: similar to Agar, a better batsman but a slightly worse bowler

Zampa: bahahahahahahahahahahaha nope

Pope: big fan, but still got quite a way to go

Nair: GAGF chucker

Fallins: so far away I don't even know why I bothered mentioning him

Probably a couple I have forgotten, but as you can see Australia is not exactly flush with options

morgieb

Lyon hasn't been at his absolute best, but saying he should be in trouble for his spot is kneejerk thinking. The cupboard is still pretty bare still

SOK: definitely still could do a job, but he is older than Lyon and has a chequered disciplinary record, so unlikely to be recalled in all likelihood

Swepson: at the start of the season I was questioning his place for Queensland, his development seemed to flatline for a while. Has definitely upped his game this season, been impressive, but I still think asking him to be the main spinner would be a bridge too far.

Holland: oh dear lord please no, had a golden opportunity to show his worth in the UAE and completely **** the bed. Hasn't even been that impressive domestically this year, should be a long way off

Agar: a strange case is Agar. Always seems to do just enough to stay around the selectors thoughts without ever really standing out. Still seems more like a second spinner.

Andrews: similar to Agar, a better batsman but a slightly worse bowler

Zampa: bahahahahahahahahahahaha nope

Pope: big fan, but still got quite a way to go

Nair: GAGF chucker

Fallins: so far away I don't even know why I bothered mentioning him

Probably a couple I have forgotten, but as you can see Australia is not exactly flush with options
Yeah while it's fair enough to wonder whether Lyon might have worked out, none of the other options make sense. Swepson and Pope have upside but need more seasoning.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Play the meme pace quartet and let Labbers work on getting his leggies right
This but just for one test match. I think we'll be robbed if we don't see the the fast bowling equivalent of Seal Team 6 deployed just once before Pattinson breaks indefinitely.

Burgey

I want Yasir Shah to make a ton in each innings of this match and Pakistan still lose by an innings. Would be the ultimate Pakistan cricketing exploit.

Burgey

Weather looks decent enough. Hopefully this is wrapped up fast so Pakistan can get out of the country a day early to head home for the standard post-Australian tour effigy burning.

smash84

The Tiger King
Weather looks decent enough. Hopefully this is wrapped up fast so Pakistan can get out of the country a day early to head home for the standard post-Australian tour effigy burning.
It's unfortunate that no effigies are burnt after an aussie tour. If there were, we might have seen a slightly better performance due to fear of backlash at home.

Sadly, this kind of pasting in Aus has been accepted by the masses.

Burgey

Anyone think Starc is thought of in a Mark Waugh/ David Gower kind-of-way but with bowling? Bloke's action is so smooth and effortless that everyone think he's not putting the effort in when he is? You look at the slow mo and his action is just about perfect, right the way through to his finish with his bowling arm. Just looks like it should always be perfect with that kind of easy approach and action, but it doesn't work out that way and he cops a harder time than others because he's a million feet tall, left arm and effortlessly quick. other blokes spud it up a la Siddle etc and they don't cop it to the same extent imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
Anyone think Starc is thought of in a Mark Waugh/ David Gower kind-of-way but with bowling? Bloke's action is so smooth and effortless that everyone think he's not putting the effort in when he is? You look at the slow mo and his action is just about perfect, right the way through to his finish with his bowling arm. Just looks like it should always be perfect with that kind of easy approach and action, but it doesn't work out that way and he cops a harder time than others because he's a million feet tall, left arm and effortlessly quick. other blokes spud it up a la Siddle etc and they don't cop it to the same extent imo.
He did have a few years at the start of the career where he looked like the slowest 150km/h+ bowler in history, but yeah when he bowls with this sort of rhythm and purpose then he's a ****ing nightmare to face.