• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Somehow Abbas getting run out trying to run away from the strike is an appropriate end for this shambolic tour.

stephen

What a rubbish overall performance by Pakistan.

Still, Shah scored more than Smith which is remarkable.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Series ratings:

Warner 10 - where was this in the Ashes, ****? Needless to say, all-round dominant.
Burns 7 - well-batted first Test, should've gotten that hundred.
Labuschagne 10 - like Warner, the key bullark against the Pakistani attack. Safe to say that the Ashes is not a fluke.
Smith 3 - it turns out Pakistan found the cure towards Smith dominance - bowl so poorly at the Top 3 that he relaxes too much and starts playing a million shots.
Wade 6 - not a lot that could be done, but did manage a key 50 at Brisbane to really get Australia towards a dominant position
Head 4 - feel for him, just couldn't get a real opportunity as the only time he batted Australia were looking for quick runs.
Paine 5 - as above; solid with the gloves and captained fairly well.
Cummins 7 - quiet series by his high standards but still bowled well and took key wickets.
Starc 9 - his best series in a long time. Looked a generally consistent threat and his spell on Night 2 was outstanding.
Lyon 6 - below par for most of the series, but woke up big time today to ensure that Pakistan would not pressure Australia at all.
Hazlewood 8 - again very reliable. Not quite as brilliant as he was in the Ashes, but not too far off it.

Masood 6 - looked pretty solid throughout. Threw away some golden starts though.
Azhar 2.5 - one decent start, nothing else.
Sohail 1 - village when the ball bounces above his knees.
Shafiq 7 - very well batted at Brisbane, and managed a nice 50 here. If only he could kick on.....
Babar 8 - looked easily their best bat and was dazzling to watch at times. Unfortunately his Brisbane ton was in the wrong innings and his Adelaide 90-odd just wasn't enough (in fairness the standards of Pakistan's middle order didn't help)
Iftikhar 2 - doesn't seem up to it. Bowling is pedestrian and he doesn't score enough runs.
Rizwan 7 - liked his style. Scored runs and looked good doing so. I suspect it's a long way back for Sarfraz.
Yasir 5 - as good as he batted, he's being picked on his bowling. And in that regard, he was as bad as he was last tour.
Shaheen 4 - pick of the Pakistani bowlers, which says not much at all. Unlike some of the other tailenders his batting displays were poor, too.
Naseem 3 - still some way to go, but did look really promising. I know you have to manage him while his body is still growing but he should've played in the Second Test.
Imran 3 - wasn't terrible, I guess.
Imam-ul-Haq 1 - twin failures. Still a long way to go for him to be another Azam.
Abbas 2 - just looked like the standard trundler everyone thought he was before he was selected for Tests. Hopefully his form twelve months ago wasn't just a purple patch, but injuries have robbed him of key pace.
Musa 1.5 - some upside I guess, but looked terrible in this game. A long way off it, whereas Naseem should be decent soon enough.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
5 whitewashes in a row is disgusting.
Has any side had as many consecutive losses in a row in another country as Pakistan have in Australia? It would have to be close to the record.

Impressed by Paine's decision to follow-on. After a poor first half of yesterday, batting again would've been the easy option as Oz were going to win anyway. But bowling again forced the side to challenge themselves and lift their game and they largely did this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats to Australia on a good professional and ruthless display. Pak were woeful but as always there are enough bright sparks to keep the hope alive.

Burgey

Do you mean matches or series? SL has never won a Test here. They’ve been touring since the 80s.

CA should have had them here this summer and got the worst tourists over with all at once

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Matches. 14 in a row is something. Even Sri Lanka's longest losing streak in Oz is only 7. West Indies had 9 during the 2000s in Oz.

Burgey

I think Australia lost a heap in a row in India in the late 2000s or so, but not that bad. Woeful stuff

Gnske

It's usually difficult to take unblighted positives away from thrashings of weakened opponents at home.

But, at least we know the affliction for Warner wasn't so terminal that it would affect his MO of feasting at home. Back to business as usual really. And we learned Marnus can now also plunder the necessary runs at home necessary for any good no.3 while looking like he could succeed in a variety of conditions overseas in theory.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think Australia lost a heap in a row in India in the late 2000s or so, but not that bad. Woeful stuff
Aus in India would be a losing streak of 7 at most I think. 2008 had a few draws in it.

SL's last draw in Aus was this: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...nka-2nd-test-sri-lanka-tour-of-australia-2004 which I have zero recollection of or indeed realisation of existence. Actually looks like a fairly competitve game, albeit with Aus having the edge throughout, and a tense finish.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Aus in India would be a losing streak of 7 at most I think. 2008 had a few draws in it.

SL's last draw in Aus was this: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...nka-2nd-test-sri-lanka-tour-of-australia-2004 which I have zero recollection of or indeed realisation of existence. Actually looks like a fairly competitve game, albeit with Aus having the edge throughout, and a tense finish.
Yeah I have no memory of that Top End tour either. I think Elliott got a recall in the first match of that series when Ponting was unavailable.

morgieb

Yeah I have no memory of that Top End tour either. I think Elliott got a recall in the first match of that series when Ponting was unavailable.
Yeah and scored 1 and 0.

Still wish we had those Top End tours. Would be beneficial towards the weaker sides getting Tests in Australia.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant

This was the match where Shane Warne equalled Muralitharan for leading Test wicket taker... which Ch 9 missed because they were showing The Price Is Right.