• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate W.G. Grace?

How do you rank W.G. as a Cricketer?

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
All this cheating and yet they walk about all holier-than-thou, we were top of the world you should play cricket our way, we do it the best, chest thumping nonsense.

Sickening really.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Really? So give some examples of Australians cheating in cricket.
Looks like the job's been done for me:laugh:

But seriously the reason I said that was "such an Australian thing to say" is because you (as in Aussie cricket fans in general) genuinely seem to believe you are above it....somehow more morally superior to the rest of the cricketing playing nations when the reality is you're right down in the dirt with everyone else (some may say a hell of a lot lower but I'll play nice)

It really is an uncanny national trait. You don't cheat you just play hard and fair......but next week an Englishman or Indian etc will do exactly the same thing and will be cheaters. Look at the Stuart Broad non walk for eg.........got crucified by the whole country for doing something that every Aussie not named Adam Gilchrist takes as a standard.

the big bambino

International Captain
Waiting now for Vijay's claimed catch off Haze and condemnation of Kohli's unsubstantiated claim accusing Smith of systematic cheating so that some people don't appear to be chest thumping jingoistic hypocrites.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Waiting now for Vijay's claimed catch off Haze and condemnation of Kohli's unsubstantiated claim accusing Smith of systematic cheating so that some people don't appear to be chest thumping jingoistic hypocrites.
Hey man, can't call us hypocrites. We never said India don't cheat. Just nowhere near as much or as blatantly as Australia.

vcs

No one is even judging Waugh, Border etc. for those incidents too much. I mean, these things happen in a competitive sport. It's just funny to point it out when the discussion goes to "Australia are generally the most honest country to play the game..". I'd never even heard of many of these incidents before seeing the videos.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
No one smugly asked for examples of #CheatingIndians though.

OverratedSanity

No one is even judging Waugh, Border etc. for those incidents too much. I mean, these things happen in a competitive sport. It's just funny to point it out when the discussion goes to "Australia are generally the most honest country to play the game..". I'd never even heard of many of these incidents before seeing the videos.
Don't think they necessarily call themselves "most honest " but there's a load of pap about how they play hard but fair and all that.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Proverb of the day: There's a difference between playing cricket with grace, and playing cricket like Grace. Many cricketers can do both.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No one smugly asked for examples of #CheatingIndians though.
Are there many? I remember Dhoni recalling Bell once when he needn't have, and likewise Vishy arguably costing India the Jubilee Test when he withdrew an appeal against Bob Taylor after the umpire had raised his finger, but am struggling to think of anything in the debit column

Daemon

Kohli's behaviour is rubbish of course and his attitude towards umpire is quite awful. No cheating though afaik. I suppose Harbhajan cheated by chucking his doosra. That's a fairly big one. Age cheats also quite prominent even today. Washington Sundar was one of my friends classmate apparently and that dude is 25.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are there many? I remember Dhoni recalling Bell once when he needn't have, and likewise Vishy arguably costing India the Jubilee Test when he withdrew an appeal against Bob Taylor after the umpire had raised his finger, but am struggling to think of anything in the debit column
I mean there was the match fixing thing, sticks out a bit like an NBA player at a midget convention.

Sorry, sorry, a tall person of colour at a little people convention.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea if you're born in a village you basically get to tell a government official what your age is and they can produce a certificate for you accordingly.

vcs

When I lived in UP, I got a driving license at 15 without even showing up to the Road Transport office.