• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

smash84

The Tiger King
he absolutely should. If Stokes and woakes can get their **** together then India will have their hands full. The English batsmen won't fall like a pack of cards against Ashwin. English spinners are generally ****e so its upto stokes n woakes to deliver

cnerd123

likes this
Broad actually bowled really well with the old ball in BD. I wouldnt say he's less of an old-ball bowler than Stokes.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given they're much the same pace why would anyone think Stokes is better in these conditions than Broad?
Stokes pace is usually there no matter what unlike Broad who loses it for no reason game to game and sometimes in a game. Stokes is better at reverse swing but Broad can bowl it well too.

Niall

International Coach
ODI series may be somewhat interesting
Its probably more interesting than the test series. England are a modern ODI side while India are in the dark ages but do have atg's to cover these flaws.

The test stuff India are favs, their batting is probably stronger than it was last time England were here and England are fielding an inferior spin bowling line up.

Zinzan

I'll be extremely surprised if Root plays Ashwin as poorly as KW did.

And If Root does have a great series with the bat, I don't think anyone can argue that would probably get his nose ahead of Smith and KW as the best going around for the moment.

Also interested if the screamer will quieten down on appealing for ones obviously not out since they're using DRS. Ironically, I think DRS could work to the screamers advantage, since he does hit the pad a lot.

Burgey

Root has to improve his output against Bangladesh before worrying about what he's going to do in India.

Zinzan

Root has to improve his output against Bangladesh before worrying about what he's going to do in India.
Not at all, he's doing it well. If he did average 200 against Bangers, he probably knows that would be used against him to be labelled a minnowbasher. I'm sure he's priming himself up for the main tour.