• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Star Sports doing a good job with their efforts to get people to watch more test cricket, must be said.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Revenge for 3 series defeats in a row I guess. 2 from total humiliations. I guess with the home form of the last year or so they want a humiliation the other way this time which could easily happen.

91Jmay

International Coach
Given they're much the same pace why would anyone think Stokes is better in these conditions than Broad?
Big reverse swing + he is faster for longer than Broad. He has hurried batsmen on slow pitches in Bangladesh (just smashed Mushfiqur Rahim on the helmet as I type).

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure if I’m imagining things, but didn’t the 2012 series get touted as “revenge” in some capacity in adverts?
Yeah it's just their way of getting people to watch test cricket, which is very difficult in India, unless it's Australia or Pakistan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kind of hard to tell how India's new-age middle order plays at home when the going is tough since the going was easy all series vs. NZ.

I'd say India 2-0 if the pitches are what they were vs. NZ. No Jimmy for the first test, and lacking match practice when he finally returns, will be tough for them. Jimmy is a very very good bowler on Asian tracks nowdays.
Only 2 results Jono in 5 games? Are they playing in bad weather areas or something?
Yeah maybe I was a bit conservative there.

Having seen England bat vs. Banglas, changing tip to 5-0 India.

cnerd123

likes this
England's h4x batting depth is going to **** us over in atleast one of the Tests for sure. They'll go from 100/5 to 300+.

Shri

Mr. Glass
England's h4x batting depth is going to **** us over in atleast one of the Tests for sure. They'll go from 100/5 to 300+.
Have we ever let such a huge partnership build lower down the order at home recently? Maybe a 70-80 run stand at best, a few times from their lower order might be the norm this time.

cnerd123

likes this
Have we ever let such a huge partnership build lower down the order at home recently? Maybe a 70-80 run stand at best, a few times from their lower order might be the norm this time.
We haven't had a lower order visit us that can play spin. This England lower order is pretty adept. It's crazy enough Bairstow is at 7, Adil and Woakes following that is just unfair

Motorwada

Banned
We should have a bet on whether both sides lower orders combined will outscore the top orders
Their tail is better at batting. Bhuvi, Ashwin, Jadeja, Mishra are slightly worse as batsmen but are far superior bowlers than the English all rounders. Also our top order is pretty strong.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Depends on what you mean by tail.. Bairstow, Woakes, Rashid are surely not. Maybe the #10 and 11 could be termed as tail, in which case, you may well end up being right. :)