• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A method to determine the world's best batsman across all formats

cpr

International Coach
Spark agreeing with you was far more hilarious given his qualifications. He got off way too lightly in this thread for his post. :p
Given mine, I probably shouldn't have made the mistake in the first place. No wonder our economy is ****ed....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is my methodology: take the official batting rankings, and assign one penalty point per ranking place. So that first place is one penalty point, tenth place is ten, etc.

Tests have a weighting of 3, ODIs 2, and T20s 1. If a player is not ranked in the top 20 they score a maximum of 20 penalty points (subject to weighting). Thus the minimum possible is 6 and the maximum possible 120.

Some players

Steve Smith (3 Test, 30 ODI, 20 T20) = 53
Joe Root (6 Test, 34 ODI, 20 T20) = 60
Kane Williamson (6 Test, 8 ODI, 6 T20) = 20
Virat Kohli (42 Test, 4 ODI, 2 T20) = 48
Martin Guptill (60 Test, 18 ODI, 5 T20) = 83
AB de Villiers (21 Test, 2 ODI, 20 T20) = 43
Hashim Amla (12 Test, 6 ODI, 20 T20) = 38
David Warner (15 Test, 36 ODI, 12 T20) = 63
Could've just typed 'Kane Williamson' and spent the rest of the time taken to compile that post on something useful like looking for the 'log out' button.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There was a member here called Flopdulkar a few years ago. I remember discovering that he joined from the c***fire forums and that Cabinet96 was the leader of a merry band of trolls that had decide to invade - now that I type this I realise this may have been a dream

Edit:

this guy
Yes, I was about to post the same thing.

MrPrez

International Debutant
There was a member here called Flopdulkar a few years ago. I remember discovering that he joined from the c***fire forums and that Cabinet96 was the leader of a merry band of trolls that had decide to invade - now that I type this I realise this may have been a dream

Edit:

this guy
I was a part of that, if I recall correctly.

Was pretty fun.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
'He of the selective deafness' the high water mark in Flopdulkar trollery, tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Flopdulkar, that's good. I will have to remember this. Can't believe I never thought of it before.
I can believe it tbh. People pretending to troll about Tendulkar are more witty than your last 10 years of Tendulkar trolls.

For shame.