• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond to leave Black Caps

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
all of it really...
Nah, Southee was already taking bags of wickets before Bond came on the scene, and Boult was bowling very well as well. Bond's done an excellent job but he's far from irreplaceable. Still would've loved for him to stick around for another year for the sake of the injury prone quicks like Milne and Henry.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, Southee was already taking bags of wickets before Bond came on the scene, and Boult was bowling very well as well. Bond's done an excellent job but he's far from irreplaceable. Still would've loved for him to stick around for another year for the sake of the injury prone quicks like Milne and Henry.
Allan Donald started the turn around iirc. Bond continued the good work.

Flem274*

123/5
This is always a nervous time where you're hoping the new person doesn't ruin everything.

Simon Doull knows his pace bowling. No idea what he's like as a coach but his name comes to mind.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What Donald, Bond and Wright have done is build a very strong base of bowling IP in all of our guys, so even when they're not surrounded by coaches they can be either self sufficient, or work together in a group to get the best out of each other. They're all very bowling smart

Not saying for a second that we shouldn't appoint another ideal candidate, FYI

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Bond cashing in while his name is still hot, fair enough. Hopefully he's laid enough groundwork so the next guy to come in won't have to change much.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Since when has that happened before, IPL + Indian deal??
Short answer is it hasn't and it'll be Mumbai rather than the BCCI who are his employers, but I suspect this is a move to get him more familiar with India etc before he applies for the India role.

I dunno, just a wild guess tbh.

He could just want easy money and plenty of spare time.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see Simon Doull leaving his cushy job/lifestyle with no real responsibility or accountability.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Short answer is it hasn't and it'll be Mumbai rather than the BCCI who are his employers, but I suspect this is a move to get him more familiar with India etc before he applies for the India role.

I dunno, just a wild guess tbh.

He could just want easy money and plenty of spare time.
Not even Bond could help those indian pacers imo. Just not good enough.