• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team failed to produce a single ATG player in last 30 years?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka. Sangakkara is their closest, Murali was a trier but that aside they've had very average players tbh.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka. Sangakkara is their closest, Murali was a trier but that aside they've had very average players tbh.
Doing it to Indian posters is one thing, but doing it to the Lankans is just plain bullying.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Nah, SA have some serious quality in their best XI - plus they can do the business all around the world, the issue is simply the dead weights in the team and the bench strength
In ODIs, there's Amla and AB. Maybe de Kock (but he's not consistent yet). Beyond that there's not much. Our bowling is so terrible.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sri Lanka have never done anything to anyone. Probably because they've not ever produced the players required to do so.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No I don't begrudge them that. Like Pakistan in 92 they were the best odi team in the world for two weeks and deserved their win.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Bond (ODI) & Cairns (Tests) for NZ.
Is it that difficult to consider Bond as a test ATG too? I know he only played 18 tests, but a SR under 40 and almost 5 WPM do him justice. Ok yes, he did have one major **** up against Australia, at the very beginning.

Flem274*

123/5
How long was the peak though? Cairns always struck me as more of a what could have been sone how.
after he got his first ten or so tests out of the way (which were spread out over several years) he was top class. something like 43 with the bat and 26 with the ball during a reasonable time span. cbf statguruing. zinzan loves to post it.