• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your first live match

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sydney Test of 74-75. But I can hardly remember a thing about it. Was only 5 years old.

adub

International Captain
Day two of this one.

2nd Test: Australia v England at Sydney, Jan 4-8, 1980 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Sitting on the old concrete 'seats' in the small pavillions where the O'Reilly stand is now. Still remember the walk around the back of the Sheridan stand and onto the hill winding your way between the guys in stubbies and no shirts with their styrofoam eskies full of tubes. 16 wickets fell so there was plenty happening on and off the ground.

vandem

International 12th Man
Student days, watched all of the Eden Park victory vs Aus in 1986, was the final match in a double header series that started with Hadlee's 9-52 at Brisbane.

3rd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Auckland, Mar 13-17, 1986 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Highlight was one piece of Coney captaincy magic. Aus had a first inning lead of 50-ish, were 3-55 with Border settling in to build a lead on a spinning pitch, with Bright and Matthews to bowl last. He swept off spinner Bracewell for four, followed by Coney moving a fielder from leg side to off side, making the leg side gap bigger. IIRC a couple of balls later Border swung across the line again, aiming for the leg side gap, ball held up and spun into off stump. Middle order and tail crumbed after that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Not bad at all ;)

My first match was the tied test at Chennai in 1987.. I was 3 and a half and lived about 5 mins from the ground. My uncles were going and they took me with them for a session.. All I remember was Ravi Shastri batting well, a fan removing his shirt and causing disruption in the stand, police hitting him and taking him out of the ground and eating some bananas in the stand :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hampshire vs Surrey in a county game in 2005. Most of the day was rained off, but Obnoxious Weed Singh hit loads of sixes. Pothas to confirm.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think I went to games beforehand but the first I can remember is the 2nd final at the MCG between Australia and Australia A, 1994/95.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
First game I remember going to was an ODI vs. Pakistan where Anthony Stuart got a hat-trick at the MCG. Around 1996 I think.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was January 97, remember listening to it on the radio whilst camping at Fraser Island. Distinctly remember that year because a cousin did his best effort to chop his foot off with a tomahawk whilst chopping wood.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it was a tour match against South Africa in 01/02.

Dickload of time since I've actually been to one. Apart from that and a trial T20 against two NSW sides, I have not been to one.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Around 1980ish give or take a year or two. England vs Northern Districts. I decided that day it would be an honour to wear the maroon cap one day (never happened obvs)

Chris Smith opened the batting for England and just left everything alone outside off stump for half an hour and then just when you thought he would never get a run, he started scoring at will and brought up a 50 before you could blink. I was amazed he had scored 50 as my high score at the time was 12.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
3rd and final day of the first test in Mumbai between India and Australia in 2001. Was a largely unremarkable day though.