• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nice, some quiet accumulation from Williamson and Fulton. I thought Williamson would find these conditions very friendly for his batting - similar to SL where he scored that century and without the bounce that is his undoing sometimes.

Fulton has done exactly what is required of him. Making this look easy so far but if we'd done our usual thing and given away a couple more soft wickets then the game would have a completely different complexion.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Fulton getting out still three balls away here but Hossain is a pretty average looking spinner.

Wish these pixels would hurry the **** up. Slower even than cricinfo.

Edit: Fulton's shot even worse than expected. Was wondering what 'short and rocks back to cut' meant on this wicket and it was really quite impressive to see his contortions to somehow scoop that to short cover.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I wish Danny Morrison would stop calling sixes "maximums"...
Because everybody knows that a maximum is when they run a 3 or more, and then there are 4 overthrows.

So that's like a 7 or an 8 or something.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Once every 2 overs, Rubel pitches it up and gets a hint of reverse swing. Of course, as soon as he see this he switches to bowling around the wicket and tries to bounce the batsman out.

Whoever Bangladesh's bowling coach is needs to be fired.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
seriously this is horrible thinking from Rubel, and tacit compliance from Mushfiqur.

Even the NZ bowlers know that one wickets like this you need to bowl straight and pitch it up.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
ugh, see Rubel? You bowl that beauty? Are you going to go back to bowling short or are you going to pitch it up again?

ffs.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In fairness, Rubel seems to be bowling better than ever before (unless that was Robiul Islam and I've got my Bangladeshi pacers mixed up again). He's definitely improved.

Why Razzak is allowed to touch a red ball, I do not know.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Ugh why are Bangladesh still picking Rubel and Razzak.
Becuase it's either that or that Abul Hasan guy who averages about 500 in test cricket, or worse, Shahadat Hossain. No idea about Razzak though, not sure where Elias Sunny has got to

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Shahadat used to be acceptable.

I usually like Robiul but he's been awful today. Might be carrying an injury.

Flem274*

123/5
lol at the commentators talking about Taylor and captaincy right now. The soap opera obviously didn't get much traction over there.

And he was a ****ing heroic batsman as skipper.