• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Test Ton You Saw Live

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm actually trying to think of the first Test match that I went to. The first ODI I can pretty clearly; Aus vs Aus A, the second final at the MCG.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Alec Stewart at OT vs SL in 2002, although IIRC most of the crowd were in the car park watching the football at the time he reached 3 figures.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Flintoff's first wicket is Kallis snicking off. First dismissal is snicking off to Kallis. Pretty cool.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Flintoff's first wicket is Kallis snicking off. First dismissal is snicking off to Kallis. Pretty cool.
Yeah, not that I have any recollection of Kallis from that game, had no idea who he was at the time.

Was a really good test though, great series in fact.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, with the exception of Collingwood in Adelaide. How often is a double ton on the losing side? That must have been painful!
Very. By lunch on the 5th day India had lost only one wicket. One of the worst receding into the shell from Tendulkar in that innings. They kept falling one after the other. With that loss India had to contend with 1-1 series result.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure what the rules are here. The first man I saw raise his bat for a century was Desmond Haynes at Lords in 1980 - but he was 90 odd not out from the previous day when I wasn't there.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure what the rules are here. The first man I saw raise his bat for a century was Desmond Haynes at Lords in 1980 - but he was 90 odd not out from the previous day when I wasn't there.
Actually, my memory fails me and embarrasses me. I just checked and the hundred I called, I didn't see Gooch's raise his bat. I saw until the end of the third day when he was 80 odd not out.