• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why's that?
The music.
Part of it, yeah. :p

But a lot of the grounds in New Zealand - the ones that are actually cricket grounds anyway - are so beautiful, there are lots of day games, the crowds always seem into it which helps the atmosphere and with New Zealand Cricket there's still an over-riding sense of caring about home ODIs that you don't always quite get in other countries. Best lineup (or what the selectors think the best lineup is) is always selected and the games there always seem to have some sort of competitive edge. It just seems like it'd be a great day out honestly.

All in all it just reminds me of what ODIs were like to me when I first started getting into cricket when I watch games from New Zealand on telly. I was looking forward today as much as I'd usually look forward to a Test, and I've been really enjoying it.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Glorious way to go to fifty. Bell looks as if he can accelerate pretty much any time he decides.
Which is what he has that Trott doesn't. I like Trott, but I just don't see what he can do to dictate accurate bowling and accelerate his inning. He's usually fine playing the quicks up top if there are a few bad balls, and milking the spinners in the middle, but he has no release shot.

thierry henry

International Coach
Lol.

Just short for his height then. :ph34r:

Incidentally have you caught any of Mohammad Irfan in action in the SA/Pak test? I think his alleged 7' 1" is overstated myself.
Am on record guesstimating him at 6'9"-6'10". He's crickets Andre the Giant (Andre wasn't even 7 foot tbh).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Am on record guesstimating him at 6'9"-6'10". He's crickets Andre the Giant (Andre wasn't even 7 foot tbh).
Yeah, I'd say that's more like it.

Doesn't look any taller than Tremlett to me, although the Surrey man looks to maybe stand up straighter in his delivery stride.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
But a lot of the grounds in New Zealand - the ones that are actually cricket grounds anyway - are so beautiful.
I don't really know quite how I feel on grounds in New Zealand. Ones like this are beautiful and maximise the visual experience of watching, but the rugby grounds like the one in Auckland are just not pleasant at all for me.

Really wish they were playing a test in Hamilton instead of Auckland.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's bowled three balls in the 130s now!!

CAN IT HAVE FINALLY HAPPENED!!? IS HE A BOWLER AGAIN!?!?!

Omg I'd actually given up. Sowwy Jimmeh!! :(