• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Radio commentator goes wild!

'New Zealand win! New Zealand win!'

Yes, cos that was a NZ team. Anyone would think this will be the highlight of our summer... oh wait.

BeeGee

International Captain
England were spectacularly poor though, has to be said. Doubt they'll play this poorly again.
I wouldn't say spectacularly poor. Broad, Patel, Lumb, Morgan and Buttler did very well. The rest were poor.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
So, what should be the NZ side for the first T20?

Hamish Rutherford
Martin Guptill
Brendon McCullum
Ross Taylor
Colin Munro
James Franklin\Grant Elliott
Andrew Ellis
Nathan McCullum
Ian Butler
Ronnie Hira\Trent Boult
Mitchell McClenaghan

Do we know if Butler is injured?
McCullum is the perfect t20 opener.

The most halfwitted idea we ever had was dropping him back down the order.

IMO

McCullum
Guptill
Taylor

and I don't care about the rest.

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
McCullum is the perfect t20 opener.

The most halfwitted idea we ever had was dropping him back down the order.

IMO

McCullum
Guptill
Taylor

and I don't care about the rest.
That should be the top 3 as you have to give your most aggressive and best batsmen the chance to bat the longest

Meridio

International Regular
I just don't think McHesson will select him.
Oh, right. Well, there is a part of me that thinks they'll do something stupid like that, and justify it with 'Ross hasn't played any T20 cricket lately', but surely even McHesson aren't that dumb?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That should be the top 3 as you have to give your most aggressive and best batsmen the chance to bat the longest
Agree completely.

Also think it's somewhat true in ODI cricket as well, with the exception of Williamson who's demonstrated a superior ability to construct an innings.

Oh, right. Well, there is a part of me that thinks they'll do something stupid like that, and justify it with 'Ross hasn't played any T20 cricket lately', but surely even McHesson aren't that dumb?
"His international t20 record is not great and we think he should focus on test cricket"

I remember him carving up in the IPL for a couple of seasons. A real shame that Bangalore didn't keep him as he had quite a following it seemed.