• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pffft, Murphy's Law. Best NZ summer in recent memory and come first day of the test series we get badlight. Needs to improve significantly before they get underway, so not looking great.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's not that bad. Plus yesterday it was overcast for most of the day before breaking into glorious sunshine in the afternoon. Today should be similar.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Have so missed listening to Jeremy Coney's commentary. He's so much better than any of the other kiwi commentators.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Grrrr. The delay is maddening. And the annoying thing is that the umpires have now set a precedent for the rest of the test. Unbelievable that some cloud on an otherwise warm and dry day, and at 10.30 in the morning, could hold up the start of a match.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've rarely seen bad-light stop/delay play in the morning of a test come to think of it. Obviously happens a lot in the afternoon.

Flem274*

123/5
I know TV makes things artificially bright, but Dunedin on TV looks much brighter than outside my window right now and I'd happily go play cricket in Palmy atm.

Umpires being a bit overcautious imo.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Forecast is for this sorta **** all day. Throw in the fact that the University Oval has pretty poor drainage and I don't think there'll be much play today.

Last edited: