• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Should be going to the game this weekend, my teams game is being played on a Sunday to accommodate all those going :D

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
England bowl.

Southee, Boult and Rutherford all playing.

Would've rather we save Southee for the tests and make sure he's properly fit, but I guess they really want to win this game. I feel that Southee is too similar to Mills.

Ellis not playing thankfully. So I guess that makes it:

Rutherford
Watling
Williamson
Taylor
B McCullum
Elliot
Franklin
N McCullum
Mills
Southee
Boult

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I would like Mills and Boult to open the bowling. Both are good opening bowlers but awful in the latter overs.

Southee is of course an equally effective opening bowler, but has at least shown some capabilities at the death.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Southee learning to talk like McCullum

"Can't wait to get back, back into the team. It's a massive, massive series for the team..."

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Craig Cumming sounded like a very competent commentator until he claimed that Mills had been coming back well in the death overs too.

Fatal error.

Still like him though. Seems kinda stylish.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Well you were twelve years old...
Eleven actually. I remember that game most for it being one of those random games were they'd throw the ball to Luke Wright to bowl the final over, even if he hadn't bowled all game. And if I remember correctly, that was when Peter Moores fell out with a few of the senior players.

The funny thing is, I remember games not long after that, as if they were yesterday.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Good bowling, but ffs, it's a flat deck and they're not bowling hand grenades. Push some singles.