• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

slowfinger

International Debutant
Anyways Gambhir needs to go, he's been absolutely **** since 2007 WC, in ALL of our WC's since then he's been crap giving us run a ball (and sometimes worse) starts at best, I don't care how well he does in IPL he should stick with Test and ODI cricket only, simply doesn't have the range of shots to succeed in T20.
Considering he was the only one who didn't give his wicket away, I wouldn't be so quick to fire at him.

Xuhaib

International Coach
just caught the last 15 balls some horrible/comical cricket.Hope the rest of the game was of better quality.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering he was the only one who didn't give his wicket away, I wouldn't be so quick to fire at him.
A lot of the wickets to fall were because there weren't too many overs left to score so our batsmen felt pressured to score with each passing delivery. In any case my reason is not just based on this one match alone, it's been building up for a while now.

Can't be striking at 118 after 35 odd matches especially as an opener.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhir is past his due date. He was always a man of limited abilities. Had a few years when he pulled above his weight (:ph34r:) and became one of the best in the world. But it's over now.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Just saw some of the highlights and read up on the match reports. Excellent job by Hafeez and Malik to guide Pakistan home it seems.

Incidentally, the coverage on Geo TV in Pak is hilarious. They had reporters in each major city giving us crowd reactions. People celebrating like we just won the WC. It's only the first T20 people. Act like you've been there before! :dry:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
It was a close one, however that was because the general standard of batsmanship from both sides plumbed the depths.
Seen a few posts like this after T20s lately, what exactly do people expect? You are almost supposed to throw your wicket away sometimes.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Well the quality of the bowling of these two sides today was above average... I am just thinking, what options bowling wise to India have, and should they drop Jadeja for Pathan?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan winning, but through Malik and Hafeez was ajust about the worst result

cnerd123

likes this
Mohammed Irfan looks like a serious talent. Bowled with good pace and accuracy throughout his 4 overs, got good bounce (as expected), had a good, rythmic action, ran in hard. Definitely one to keep an eye on for this series - if he can maintain such performances over the ODIs then a call-up into the Test side can't be too far away.

His batting and fielding may leave a lot to be desired, but that won't be an issue as long as he can continue to bowl like this.

Bhuvanesh Kumar is another one who really impressed. Definitely a lot of similarities to Praveen Kumar, and they way he worked over and then dismissed Junaid and Umar Akmal shows a very smart cricketing brain underneath. Didn't bat enough to judge him in that department, but I feel that he could be a useful bowler at the International level. Moves the ball both ways and should good control and a good temperament.

And I must say, Ishant impressed me as well. Bowled as well as he ever has in the limited overs format. I guess the pitch suited him a lot, had movement in it for the quicks and good carry, made him awkward to face. His clash with Kamran was really entertaining too.

Ishant hasn't bowled badly at all recently tbh. Bowled decently against England and bowled well here. I always felt that he wasn't cut out for limited overs cricket - his natural length means that he will produce a lot of edges, which in ODIs have a habit of running away to the third man fence, while at the death he can't really get the yorkers in and just ends up as cannon fodder. He is quick, but not as quick as a Finn or Morkel that his pace becomes a weapon, it just makes him easier to pierce the infield with and get to the fence. But there might be a role for him yet on surfaces that provide him assistance like this one.

Really hope Shami Ahmed has the goods as well. Praveen, Bhuvanesh, Yadav and Ishant already make for a somewhat respectable Test-match pace attack. But they need more depth.

Rahane is batting to well to be ignored, how long can the selectors keep him out of the Test team?

I think the depth in FC cricket is there, it's just that the selectors are so reluctant to give them a chance. And even if they do, it's in the wrong way...Rahane, Shami Ahmed, Bhuvanesh, Awana, Rohit Sharma, Tiwary, all get picked on their Ranji (4-day) form and get only ODI/T20 appearances...whereas Ashwin and Rahul Sharma got picked based on the IPL and are getting Test match gigs.

smash84

The Tiger King
seriously impressed by Irfan's showing yesterday.

If he can bowl like this he should definitely be picked for the tests in SA. He can wreak havoc if he pitches in the right areas on the bouncy wickets of SA