Cricket Player Manager
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 205

Thread: Who can stop South Africa?

  1. #61
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Bull****. All this hubris because you won in India. South Africa destroyed England at home six months ago. Get some perspective ffs.
    I have perspective check the India tour thread and 4 years time one ****.

  2. #62
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,034
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I have perspective check the India tour thread and 4 years time one ****.
    I'm talking about what you're posting here ffs.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  3. #63
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I'm talking about what you're posting here ffs.
    Being told about perspective by someone who says Lyon is better than Swann is funny.

    Let me put it in words a 5 year old would understand for you...

    South Africa are a very good side, as are England. South Africa are better than England. South Africa are not a GREAT side like Australia were. South Africa might, might suffer the odd blip like England did, doesn't mean they become bad overnight just means they won't dominate like Australia did.

    Why won't they dominate? As they aren't a GREAT side like Australia were and haven't got the depth that they had. Like England showed in the summer, a couple of players lose form, touch of infighting and the team becomes vulnerable as they aren't a GREAT side.

    Hope that is easy for you to understand.
    Last edited by flibbertyjibber; 18-12-2012 at 04:33 AM.

  4. #64
    International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,825
    who will stop SA?

    they will stop themselves with an inevitable choke.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks


  5. #65
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,034
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Being told about perspective by someone who says Lyon is better than Swann is funny.

    Let me put it in words a 5 year old would understand for you...

    South Africa are a very good side, as are England. South Africa are better than England. South Africa are not a GREAT side like Australia were. South Africa might, might suffer the odd blip like England did, doesn't mean they become bad overnight just means they won't dominate like Australia did.

    Why won't they dominate? As they aren't a GREAT side like Australia were and haven't got the depth that they had. Like England showed in the summer, a couple of players lose form, touch of infighting and the team becomes vulnerable as they aren't a GREAT side.

    Hope that is easy for you to understand.
    I understand what youre saying well and good. it's just a pile of **** though. Now you change your tone to reasonable after strutting about earlier in this thread like the school bully who's beaten up the ******** kid that is India.

    SA are **** loads better than England. That's the perspective you need to get ffs.

  6. #66
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I understand what youre saying well and good. it's just a pile of **** though. Now you change your tone to reasonable after strutting about earlier in this thread like the school bully who's beaten up the ******** kid that is India.

    SA are **** loads better than England. That's the perspective you need to get ffs.
    I don't think they are ****loads better than us. Would rather play them next summer in a 5 test series than the minnows that are coming over to get thrashed. We were a shambles this year in a crappy short series and they beat us but i'd love to see us take them on again in a longer series soon before Kallis retires. Probably be gone before we meet again though sadly.

  7. #67
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I don't think they are ****loads better than us. Would rather play them next summer in a 5 test series than the minnows that are coming over to get thrashed. We were a shambles this year in a crappy short series and they beat us but i'd love to see us take them on again in a longer series soon before Kallis retires. Probably be gone before we meet again though sadly.
    So Australia performed considerably better against SA than England did, but...
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  8. #68
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,859
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    So Australia performed considerably better against SA than England did, but...
    ... still got beat.

    England, meanwhile, couldn't settle on a middle order whatsoever, were ridden by infighting, had a captain on his last legs and therefore a nonentity of an opening partnership, half-fit Swann and/or selectorial brain farts about playing no spinners, Ravi Bopara, and a congenital inability to catch anything hit by Hashim Amla.

    Yet with a session to go we still had an outside chance of squaring the series.

    EDIT: Please note that I'm not for a moment suggesting we deserved anything other than a shellacking this summer; we were piss-poor and frankly had been ever since the UAE. I am just playing the Devil's Advocate and suggesting that you'd rather be getting beaten because you're playing **** than playing well and still losing...
    Last edited by Neil Pickup; 18-12-2012 at 07:19 AM.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  9. #69
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    ... still got beat.

    England, meanwhile, couldn't settle on a middle order whatsoever, were ridden by infighting, had a captain on his last legs and therefore a nonentity of an opening partnership, half-fit Swann and/or selectorial brain farts about playing no spinners, Ravi Bopara, and a congenital inability to catch anything hit by Hashim Amla.

    Yet with a session to go we still had an outside chance of squaring the series.

    EDIT: Please note that I'm not for a moment suggesting we deserved anything other than a shellacking this summer; we were piss-poor and frankly had been ever since the UAE. I am just playing the Devil's Advocate and suggesting that you'd rather be getting beaten because you're playing **** than playing well and still losing...
    But you still got beat??

    Australia have 8 bowlers injured. But I'm sure your unsettled middle order is the better excuse.

    All I'm suggesting is that Australia's recent form > Englands, against the best team in the world. So I'm pretty sure the optimism of 'yeah I wish we had another crack at them, we'd smash them' is pretty unfounded considering they only stuffed you mere months ago...
    Last edited by benchmark00; 18-12-2012 at 07:22 AM.

  10. #70
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Both series were criminally short, South Africa really should be playing 5 match series against both sides.

  11. #71
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,884
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

  12. #72
    Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    9,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Both series were criminally short, South Africa really should be playing 5 match series against both sides.
    We don't seem them playing anything longer than 3 match series against anyone do we? Strange how they play so few tests compared to everyone else.

  13. #73
    International Regular stephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    aus
    Posts
    3,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Both series were criminally short, South Africa really should be playing 5 match series against both sides.
    Would love to have had a 5 test series vs SA.

  14. #74
    International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,825
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Would love to have had a 5 test series vs SA.
    instead of a 3 vs SA & 3 vs SL?

  15. #75
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,918
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    But you still got beat??

    Australia have 8 bowlers injured. But I'm sure your unsettled middle order is the better excuse.

    All I'm suggesting is that Australia's recent form > Englands, against the best team in the world. So I'm pretty sure the optimism of 'yeah I wish we had another crack at them, we'd smash them' is pretty unfounded considering they only stuffed you mere months ago...
    Did I say we'd smash them?

    Selective memories from ****s on here so often.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France
    By James in forum 2010 Football World Cup - South Africa
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 24-06-2010, 06:48 AM
  2. India v South Africa Tests
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •