• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian ATG Team- Open Voting

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The idea is to piece together a collective ATG Australian team by open voting, in a similar fashion to Nufan's World XIs.

I will provide a list of options for each of the positions, and leave them up for a few days. Post your selections in each category as we go.

The categories will be:

Openers (2)

Number 3 batsman (1)

Middle order batsmen (3)

Wicketkeeper (1)

Bowling attack (4)

Players who would/might fit in to an all-round category will be included in either the list of batsmen, or the list for bowlers, or both (in some cases). For instance, Miller will be included as a middle order batsman, and as a bowling option, while Lindwall/Davidson will be included as bowling options only. This allows choice in team structure, rather than making an AR mandatory for teams.

If you feel I've forgotten someone, feel free to suggest them. Once this one is complete, we will move to the next nation.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Openers (select two)-

-Bob Simpson

-Matthew Hayden

-Bill Woodfull

-Arthur Morris

-Sid Barnes

-Justin Langer

-Bill Lawry

-Bill Ponsford

-Victor Trumper

-Mark Taylor

-Michael Slater

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Simpson & Trumper

I want Trumper in the side, and he's got less competition here than for a middle order slot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Trumper and Simpson

I find it hard to split Lawry and Simpson as batsmen, but Simpson offers a bit more as an overall cricketer for me so he gets the nod.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Trumper & Morris.

Both made the cut for the "Mike Brearley's Batting Aces" pack of Top Trumps I had when I was a nipper and that's good enough for me.