• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Procter interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He had a long history with India for yolks time, which ICC ignored up to the time they were forced to do something.

Just use him for other matches FFS!

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What an utter pile of horse ****. The bloke was appointed, made some poor calls, and one team had him removed because they didn't like those decisions. ****, I wish I knew that was the arrangement back in 2001.
So you would have preferred having a **** umpire continue giving out **** decisions? And what is the point of referencing 2001? Just because a **** umpire wasn't removed then, he shouldn't be removed now. Lovely logic.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He had a long history with India for yolks time, which ICC ignored up to the time they were forced to do something.

So you would have preferred having a **** umpire continue giving out **** decisions? And what is the point of referencing 2001? Just because a **** umpire wasn't removed then, he shouldn't be removed now. Lovely logic.
Here come the self-entitled hissy fitters. Someone call a wambulance! We got an umpire we've had problems with before. You don't publicly call for the removal of an umpire. What a ****ing joke "had problems with him". The bloke is one of the most experienced umps in history. He made some bad calls. He made some good calls. Just like everyone else.

But because some self entitled wankers who lost three wickets in an over to a part timer felt they could sheet it all home to him, he had to go.

Unbelievable. What a pack of arse holes.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ok. You know you have won the argument when the other side wants to engage in a abusive slanging match. I'll humbly give it a pass.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well, i don't remember throwing around any nonsense personal insults or doing anything except debate the issue.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

OK, so he's not fit to umpire your team but you're happy for him to umpire others? What a pathetic attitude.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sledging is overrated. Taking guard and then looking up to a team with their backs up, on a roll having taken a couple of wickets, excited, expecting another one, you can feel it, it's much more powerful.

Maybe its a bit dark, and there's some scoreboard pressure and there's a bit of movement or breeze or chill in the air. That feeling is much more difficult to deal with than someone making comments trying to get a rise.
Oi, shut up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Umm just saw Flem's post, no idea what abuse he was referring to happening in the thread (having not read the thread I guess its Burgey vs. Cevno?) I just immediately had to lay into uvelocity for that Tolkien impression of cricket post. I had to.

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
That was what the whole controversy about Procter's decision was. Sachin's testimony had been leaked a day before already and Pawar too had clarified in advance that Sachin had told the board that he didn't hear Harbhajan saying Monkey but other words in a provocative exchange instigated by Symonds. But despite that Procter came to a decision that he couldn't hear it himself and that despite what Saching say he only became involved after the altercation. Which is from where the whole bitter Gavaskar racist charge on procter came from.

Procter's dodgy reasoning gives Bhajji hope - Times Of India

Hansen overruled Procter's findings based on the joint statement and Symonds testimony that he was close enough. Furthermore, one of Indian team's biggest complaints against Proctor was that he only allowed Harbhajan to speak during the hearing from the Indian camp.

It is explained here -
Interesting! I searched for articles from that time and couldn't find any record of the hearing or any statement from Procter claiming that Sachin had said that he couldn't hear the exchange. So I guess this urban legend (assuming it is one) started of in the Aussie press and just acquired a life of its own!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
That's because you don't get it.

EDIT: to explain, the first thing that you're now thinking about is what to say back to the person who sledged, not what happens next on the field. Secondly, the sledger is expecting/hoping for a response, and so basically the only thing that you can say to "infuriate the crap out of the sledger" would be something that oversteps the common line of decency. And that says more about you than the person who started the sledging.

The Sledger by choosing to sledge has already overstepped the common line of decency, he has lost the right to expect any decent response and has no right to complain at any insult thrown at him.

I find words like "Mother F****","your sis is a C*** " etc. are lot more offensive than any racist slur thrown at me.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Report from Judge Hansen:

Judgment of Justice John Hansen

Certainly seems like he changed his story to me.
Mr. Proctor determined on his own that Tendulkar could not have heard the exchange between Symonds and Ponting. :-

Procter took Australians' word in Harbhajan hearing | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

Procter indicates he would not have been within earshot of the incident. "It was submitted to me by Chetan Chauhan [the Indian team manager] that there was doubt because the umpires and other players did not hear the words but, in my judgment, they would not have been in a position to hear them," Procter says. "I note that Sachin Tendulkar only became involved when he realised that something was happening and was gestured over. He tried to calm things down because something had happened that he did not hear."

No Indication of Tendulkar changing his story.

smash84

The Tiger King
The Sledger by choosing to sledge has already overstepped the common line of decency, he has lost the right to expect any decent response and has no right to complain at any insult thrown at him.

I find words like "Mother F****","your sis is a C*** " etc. are lot more offensive than any racist slur thrown at me.
This

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah, complete bull**** IMO. Just because someone gives you a bit of lip doesn't mean that all bets are off the table and you can be a racist wanker and say whatever you like. Doesn't work like that.

smash84

The Tiger King
Nah, complete bull**** IMO. Just because someone gives you a bit of lip doesn't mean that all bets are off the table and you can be a racist wanker and say whatever you like. Doesn't work like that.
"bit of a lip"? **** you

Who decides what kind "lip" is acceptable? I don't live by your standards so it is better to shut up or have the balls to accept what is coming your way. If you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen.

I find this arrogance quite amusing tbh. "I feel this is wrong so everybody has to feel it is wrong".

Status
Not open for further replies.