• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW All-Time XI Wicket Keepers

CW All Time XI Wicket-Keeper

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
The man with the gloves. The big question is whether of one wants a wicket-keeper batsman, or a batsman wicket keeper, or the one who perfected both. Kindly choose one of the following.
Les Ames, Wasim Bari, Mark Bouher, Jeffrey Dujon, Godfrey Evans, Andy Flower, Adam Gilchrist, Ian Healy, Allan Knott, Geoffrey Marsh, Kumar Sangakkara, Clyde Walcott.

Fusion

Global Moderator
There were others better with the glove, but IMHO no one brought the total package that Gilly did.

Mike5181

International Captain
Reasonably easy decision this one. He was very good with the gloves and very good with the bat. No-one matches his overall contribution as a wicket keeper.

Jacknife

International Captain
Well for me it's between the best outright keeper Knott or Gilly, at the end of the day though you don't lose that much with Gily's keeping but obviously he's a far far better batsman.

Jager

International Debutant
Uh... I voted for Ames since I regard him a compromise between a better 'keeper and better batsman. Don't think I'm going to win this one though.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Had a huge temptation to vote Flower who probably was a better batsman but I don't have much idea about his keeping. Sticking with Gilchrist.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Had a huge temptation to vote Flower who probably was a better batsman but I don't have much idea about his keeping. Sticking with Gilchrist.
Wasn't as good with the gloves as Gilchrist. Still went with flower...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gilchrist - not because I personally think his batting is more important than Evans' or Tallon's glovework, but because modern cricket thinks it is. In my lifetime, no-one changed the game like Gilly.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gilchrist - not because I personally think his batting is more important than Evans' or Tallon's glovework, but because modern cricket thinks it is. In my lifetime, no-one changed the game like Gilly.
Alternatively, we could think for ourselves? :p