• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers whose game styles and techniques you like but personalities you dislike.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stapel, was a boy who cried wolf scenario there with the Pratt run out. England had been rorting the sub fielder rule all summer

------------

Darren Sammy is the opposite for me. His batting his ugly, but he just seems a thoroughly top bloke.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He's always seemed like a nice enough bloke to me. What is your reasoning for thinking he's a ****?
Think he claimed a catch against England which didn't carry.

Struggle to find someone outside of England who'll speak a bad word about him.

Jager

International Debutant

Doesn't seem like something he'd do to be honest, maybe it was one of the catches that is genuinely a 50/50 as to whether it carried.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't seem like something he'd do to be honest, maybe it was one of the catches that is genuinely a 50/50 as to whether it carried.
No, was disgraceful. got booed for the rest of the match. Clearly a bump ball, probably the worst case of one I have ever seen.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
No, was disgraceful. got booed for the rest of the match. Clearly a bump ball, probably the worst case of one I have ever seen.
Tbf to him, the commentators seemed to suggest he wasn't actually looking at the ball, and was convinced by Smith and Kallis that he'd caught it.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, the only other thing i've heard about him before this was that he had somewhat of a playboy type image.

Always comes across as humble, well spoken and frank. Gave his MOTM award the other day to young Appana too and called him over especially. WAG!

Jacknife

International Captain
He's always seemed like a nice enough bloke to me. What is your reasoning for thinking he's a ****?
He also whinged to the media in the press conferences about England either getting the ball to reverse swing earlier or conventional swing longer than their bowlers,can't remember which it was. In the course of that he insinuated that England were ball tampering, which off the back of that the media eventually came up with those images of Broad stopping the ball with his foot.

I remember at the time, most people thought if he had a problem or had seen anything, he should tell the match ref but he didn't and tried a bit of trial by the media.

A part from that and the dodgy catch, he's got a face I would never get tired of punching.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Eh? Out all of the knobs on the cricket field, you pick on De Villiers? I could name about about 1,000 players with a more punchable face them him tbh.

Jacknife

International Captain
Eh? Out all of the knobs on the cricket field, you pick on De Villiers? I could name about about 1,000 players with a more punchable face them him tbh.
Good for you mate, I've given my reasons why I think he's a dick, LOL it's a pretty much a personal thing anyway.

I don't agree with quite a few players who get a raw deal but so what.

Funny thing is I didn't bring his name up in the first place.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wow, the last name I would have expected to see here was de Villiers but I guess every cricketer is disliked by someone for some reason or the other. Swann and Tamim come to mind for me.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Wow, the last name I would have expected to see here was de Villiers but I guess every cricketer is disliked by someone for some reason or the other. Swann and Tamim come to mind for me.
Swann's definitely got the off-field personality that will get him into the commentary box the minute he retires, IMO. Always funny and joking around. On the field he tends to get quite pissed when things aren't going his way though :p