• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal vs Swann

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
We don't play in Aus for quite a while. But you guys are supposed to tour us soon for an ODI series. Pretty crap that it isn't a test series though.

Spark

Global Moderator
They'll be entertaining the crowds on Boxing Day 2016.

Australia due to tour Pakistan in October 2014.
Geez. Could be carnage then, since you'd think that Ponting/Hussey would be gone, leaving Clarke as possibly the only competent player of spin in the top seven unless someone in FC cricket currently has been decieving us all the whole time.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Geez. Could be carnage then, since you'd think that Ponting/Hussey would be gone, leaving Clarke as possibly the only competent player of spin in the top seven unless someone in FC cricket currently has been decieving us all the whole time.
Rehman and Ajmal will be 36 and 39 respectively by then.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
We have good spinners in the domestic level. Yasir Shah, Raza Hasan and Usman Qadir (abdul Qadir's son). We also have good quicks performing. So by then we can get a good team together.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
GF, have you changed your view on Ajmal now? I recall you didn't after the first test.

Xuhaib

International Coach
And Swann outside SC without a doubt. Ajmal's variations make him a worse bowler in places where patience and flight are more important.
Ajmal greater success over the last 12 months is due to his improvement with his conventional off break with all the talk of the dossra many of his victims in this series were undone by a classic off break.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Go for it, although I'd be interested to see if you could find anything dismissing Pakistan as a side, as opposed to just predicting an England win.
Pretty sure bumped some posts laughing at suggestions that Pak could trouble England before the series and also someone else did a post saying Morgan and Bell were pretty good players of spin etc..

Probably there wouldn't be as many contenders because the build up was smaller, but there should still be sufficient amount if you take in related threads. Would rather have the Pakistani fans do it, if they want though. :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I would have Swann definitely. Yes, he was outbowled by his Pakistan counterparts but IMO he's the best spinner in the world. He needs to learn how to bowl better in the subcontinent but hey, better spinners than him have done worse tbf.

That's not just my Swann love talking (love a player who is such good value on twitter - even though he was a twit for drunken driving).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And overall I think everyone agrees it was the English batting which was deplorable. Seriously there was one day where the ****ing Indian batting of all things was the best one on show out of three...that takes some doing considering current Indian batting form (Zimbabwe, England and India played that day).

Last edited: