• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vote for the Greigy

Who wins the Greigy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gone with four contenders. Apologies to those who missed out. Some of the best posts missed out due to not technically being predictions.

3-1 prediction is definitely not going to come true- how can you expect all games to end in a result?
1-1 would be the best bet.
Plus English bowling is overrated- people are Now making it sound like an ATG attack.
Broad, Tremlett, Swann aren't far ahead of Sree, Ishant and Harbi outside SC.

I see the English media has already billed this as the contest between the top 2 Cricketing sides. I wonder how South Africa feel about being shoved aside like that.

This is up there with the "England are gonna win the world-cup this time" routine the media subjects us to in practically all the sports they compete in....

I can't read anything on the English media these days without cringing.

I look forward to seeing them fall on their arse.....again (as usual). It gives me hope!

England will never be number 1 test playing nation again. I say that with quite a bit of confidence. If and when India relinquish the top spot, it will be to South Africa or some other worthy nation. What have England won...ever? Exactly my point. They are the perennial losers in every sport they compete in. It's in their blood.
India have improved leaps and bounds since last time they toured here:

V Sehwag
G Gambhir

Both are much more accomplished openers than last time's openers.

R Dravid

Weak link, weakest link imho. Is clearly past his stuff, am not really sure he;'ll last the whole series tbh.

S Tendulkar

Has been godly since 2008. Can be expected to avg much better than last time's 37, Taufel or not.

VVS Laxman

Champ, in form, and in much better shape than last time.

6th batsman - most likely to be Pujara

Good time to bud this talented chap.

WK

MS Dhoni - Again in good form and a much rounded cricketer as compared to the 07 version anyways.

Bowlers

Harby Singh - Slightly overrated imho, I'd love if they did a left hand selection and took Amit Mishra but Harby's batting has come good leaps nad bounds in the last few years. Still a gun when it suits him.

Ishant Sharma - Kid still, but I believe on the responsive pitches of Eng he'll do a great job, is also coming off a substantial break and regardless of the scheduling of IPL he'll be still feeling relatively fresh.

Sreesanth - definitely should be in for the eng series. Remains mercurial as ever but like he showed in SA in glimpses can be absolutely unplayable in assisting conditions.

Zaheer - Brilliant man.

That XI looks unbeatable imho in paper. Wouldn't be surprised if India register their first away whitewash tbh.
Ok. Let me try to understand this, England who conceded 400 to SL in the early part of the summer will roll over India eh? funny some of them saying 3-0.

Sri Lankans are supposedly a weak batting unit compared to India and less said about the bowling the better. Yes the last session in Cardiff was just freak. The whole premise is based on England beating a weakend Aussie side and SL in the first Test. They did not even manage to beat SA in SA.

An rejuvanated Indian side with Tendulkar, Sewag and Gambhir coming back and the bowlers if they select the right combo will beat England in England and this is during the latter part of the summer where India have historically done well. I will say 2-1 for India or a 1-1 result. It's highly unlikely India will lose this series.
Winner gets in my signature for a week. Voting closes Friday. Enjoy.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Would be KingJulian for mine, but he's obviously trolling for a reaction and I think Bun was being deadly serious.

The 'I think India could register their first away whiteash' seals it for mine.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How can you look past this?

"Dravid

Weak link, weakest link imho. Is clearly past his stuff, am not really sure he;'ll last the whole series tbh."

Bun made a dozen predictions and all of them were wrong.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
How can you look past this?

"Dravid

Weak link, weakest link imho. Is clearly past his stuff, am not really sure he;'ll last the whole series tbh."

Bun made a dozen predictions and all of them were wrong.
was a fair comment at the time.
dravid's big test will be against australia, against whom he has a pretty average record.

in the home series against aus last year, he could barely put bat on ball against the lefties johnson and bollinger.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be KingJulian for mine, but he's obviously trolling for a reaction and I think Bun was being deadly serious.

The 'I think India could register their first away whiteash' seals it for mine.
nah that was definitely a deliberate provocative remark.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Sure it may have been a fair comment but in the end it was made to look ridiculous.
tons of people said similar stuff. ian chappell had been criticizing dravid for a long time too...

but yeah dravid proved his critics wrong.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well yeah he did look on the decline but he was nowhere close to being the 'weakest link' in the team by any stretch of the imagination. Defo voting for bun. (Credit to me for digging it up :cool:)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Bun's was the most funny in retrospect. Gvenkat's was the most irritating.

My vote is with Bun.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta be Bun. So much gold there.

Three clear higlights tho:

R Dravid

Weak link, weakest link imho. Is clearly past his stuff, am not really sure he;'ll last the whole series tbh.

WK

MS Dhoni - Again in good form and a much rounded cricketer as compared to the 07 version anyways.

That XI looks unbeatable imho in paper. Wouldn't be surprised if India register their first away whitewash tbh.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As others have said kingjulian was clearly trolling and bun was so over the top he clearly wasn't being serious

centurymaker wasn't dogmatic enough and wasn't obnoxious anyway

..... which leaves dear old ganesh whose post was clearly considered and sincere - it also had the essential touch of arrogance needed for a Greigy and finally was, of course, total bollocks

Spark

Global Moderator
TBH Bun's to mine looks like an inverse GIMH - over the top but with tongue in cheek.

smash84

The Tiger King
well with a little qualification Bun seems on the money. India have registered their first away whitewash since 99 :ph34r:

Bun's predictions are gun tbh and I think given how strongly he feels about the Indian team he might have actually meant it. The last comment may have been baiting but it has come back to bite him. So has to be Bun. King Julian is clearly trying to bait.

Bun is gun :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gvenkat was the only one not deliberately trolling there out of the 3 main contenders imo (centurymaker bad but not in the others league). Has to be Gvenkat

Edit: Nevermind, I see polling is closed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've never found centurymaker to be a troll tbf.

Forgot the poll was closed. I have to put Bun in my signature now, will have to take extracts because it's so bloody long!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No I meant centurymaker is not a troll, but that his predictions were not as bad as the other three, and from the other three only one wasn't trolling.