• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal vs Swann

Flem274*

123/5
Isn't he the same guy who tweeted that random bit of trivia a few hours after it was posted on here?

Such a CW lurker. Hi Rajesh!:ph34r:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ajmal's ahead at this stage I guess. Swann's still been decent while not at his best.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
No doubt that I'd be picking Ajmal in the subcontinent, none at all; the doosra allows him to bowl a straighter line than Swann bringing LBW into play more with right handers.

TumTum

Banned
No doubt that I'd be picking Ajmal in the subcontinent, none at all; the doosra allows him to bowl a straighter line than Swann bringing LBW into play more with right handers.
And Swann outside SC without a doubt. Ajmal's variations make him a worse bowler in places where patience and flight are more important.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
And Swann outside SC without a doubt. Ajmal's variations make him a worse bowler in places where patience and flight are more important.
I'd agree at this point, Ajmal did look very pedestrian in Australia once batsmen became set. However, that was early in his Test career, and was decent in England when his team's batting was dreadful. I'd still pick Swann, and esp. so with his batting/fielding thrown in, but you'd almost have to bracket the two of them together in the same class soon/now.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think Ajmal would really like the extra bounce down here. Having said that, when do they next play here? Can't be for a while...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't think Ajmal would really like the extra bounce down here. Having said that, when do they next play here? Can't be for a while...
They'll be entertaining the crowds on Boxing Day 2016.

Australia due to tour Pakistan in October 2014.