• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best fast bowler in the world right now - Tests

Who is the bet fast bowler in Tests - Any conditions

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
Haha it is so clearly Steyn.

I reckon it would go if we lived in a better world:

Steyn
The older cheat
Daylight
Anderson
That Zaheer ****
The younger cheat
Daylight
Taylor, Morkel, Every Aussie, Every Pom, Edwards
Daylight (and Umar Gul)
Praveen, Sharma, Martin, Southee and the other major nation non-regulars
Daylight
Rest of Asia (besides the random Pakistani guns)
:laugh:

weeman27bob

International Regular
Presumably Zaheer would have the general consensus of being the 3rd best bowler in the world. Or would you pick someone else because of his injury record?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Until he makes it back on the pitch there's got to be a major doubt over where he sits in the order.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clearly it is Steyn though I think Anderson isn't as far behind as some think. Marc makes a very fair valid point about Zaheer.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
In hindsight I probably should have excluded Dale Steyn from the list as he is obviously the best.

My order would be as follows.

Dale Steyn
James Anderson
Morne Morkel
Ryan Harris
Stuart Broad
Tim Bresnan
Chris Tremlett
Zaheer Khan
Mitchell Johnson
Keamar Roach

Redbacks

International Captain
I too thought Broad would be an average bowler. But he always had 2 things in his favour prior to his first breakout performance to win England the 09 ashes:

1) Uppercut noted his ability in the WI series to toil on despite the wickets being prepared in the mind of a sadistic curator.

2) He seems pretty clever, thus you wouldn't expect him to be bowling the same way after 3-4 years, via trial end error he would likely develop a more effective style. A current weakness in the Siddle/Hilf repertoire.

He did seem to just put the ball there early on and I would still say the jury is out on whether he could perform at such a level in less helpful conditions, which is a matter of opportunity he will surely get soon enough. These were things we asked about Anderson prior to the last ashes and he came up trumps.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
When I was at the Oval on the 5th day of England v India Broad was the only bowler who was causing trouble in the morning session and there was a feeling that he would get a wicket soon. He certainly bowled well that series and hopefully if he continues that form he can be one of England's greats.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
If we're talking in all conditions with all types of balls (Dukes and Kookaburas etc.) I'd say Tim Bresnan is right up there. Probably top 3.

Steyn has flopped with the Duke ball a number of times. Whereas Bresnan has excelled in all conditions, against all opposition, with all balls.